PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag that DH could also carry.

newmominaugust
07-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Since I will be new to motherhood I don't know how often DH will be using a diaperbag. But is there one that most husbands would prefer to use?

Like I said in a previous post I was considering the Eddie Bauer backpack but now I have been reading about this black hole thing.

Any suggestions. Thanks so much. It's getting so close and I am getting nervous that i don't have these things. :(

Zynnia
EDD #1 8/21/04
Anthony Joseph or Sofia Rose

http://lilypie.com/days/040821/0/8/0/-5 (http://lilypie.com)

robmab719
07-23-2004, 01:10 PM
My DH uses a Lands End backpack. It has a light-blue waterproof lining and lots of good pockets. He likes it.

Also, there are some Alpha 7s by Fleurville that look pretty manly. The corduroy ones especially.

And there are some men that will carry a Skip-Hop, but my DH is not one of them. He thinks they look too much like a purse.

murpheyblue
07-23-2004, 01:19 PM
While not specifically a diaper bag most men seem willing to carry a Timbuk2 or other messenger style bag so long as the colors aren't too girly.

amp
07-23-2004, 03:25 PM
My DH has had no problem carrying our Skip Hop, Eddie Bauer, and Land's End Little Tripper bags.

I am also sure that he would carry the LE Do it all bag, a canvas Alpha 7 (if he could get past the price!), a timbuk 2 bag, or any type of canvas or darker colored bag without flowers or the like on it. There are plenty of bags to choose from for those DH's that will carry the bag.

jk3
07-23-2004, 03:42 PM
For some reason when he is with me my DH is comfortable carrying all of my diaper bags. He is a rare breed from what I can tell. When he goes out with DS by himself (rare but happens on occassion) he will take the Baby Bjorn backpack. This was my first + only diaper bag until my DS was around 8 months old + I started to lurk in this forum!

Jenn
DS 6/03

supercalifragilous
07-23-2004, 04:04 PM
DH carries the OSA backpack and he loves it. He was actually eyeing the Baby Sherpa when we were @ Right Start but we had already had the OSA. I'm just miffed we spent full price on the OSA when Action-Direct has the same pack (marketed VERY differently) at $40 off ($70 down to $30)!! I could have gotten an escape pod or a WW co-op tote with those savings!! waah waah waah :P

If you're interested, here's the link:

http://www.action-direct.com/89.htm

Buzymommy5
07-23-2004, 07:55 PM
my husband saw my timbuk and asked me where i got it...thought he was going to get upset because i have too many bags, turns out he wanted one for himself :) they're rugged and sporty. chris

masetane
07-23-2004, 08:56 PM
My husband doesn't mind carrying the Little Tripper I guess. To be honest, he really just pulls out 2 diapers and the travel wipes and puts them in his coat pocket. If he's going out via stroller, he'll just put them in the basket. He doesn't really see a need for a bag and come think of it - it works for him adn I get to carry all the pretty stuff b.c he doesn't care!! ha ha
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

sarasmom
07-24-2004, 09:14 AM
My husband usually carries the free similac bag we got from the hospital. Yesterday when I called to tell him where it was but he had already left the house and was using my PINK skiphop (LOL).
We have a little girl so I guess it goes with her not him.
Carol

Ami
07-24-2004, 11:38 AM
My DH loves the Baby Sherpa. It is silver inside so no black hole. He especially loves the built in cooler so he can take some of his beverages along and keep them cool too! The padded pouch for the video camera is also handy as he is the viedoegrapher most of the time.

HTH

Ami

miki
07-24-2004, 12:01 PM
My DH would carry whatever. He's only out and about with DD when we all go out as a family on weekends. He likes carrying DD so I carry the diaper bag. Which is fine with me since I carry DD all week and she weighs way more than the bag. Since I am usually the one carrying the bag, I feel free to get ones I like.