PDA

View Full Version : Love my new Skip Hop

jk3
07-23-2004, 01:57 PM
I've been wanting a Skip Hop for a long time but I've held off because I wasn't sure I really needed a new diaper bag. Although I probably didn't I got mine at a steal: $26 after a 20 percent off coupon + $14 credit-so I finally caved in. I love this bag! I got it in black whihc is not exciting but practical. The bag has lots of pockets + I love the velcro closures. It's not huge but it's not small either. I can fit what I need for a morning/afternoon out: diapers, wipes, a few board books, a toy or two, a jar or two of baby food, a bottle/sippy cup, and a few other items. I love the cell phone pocket + the little pocket for my belongings. This is probably the best bag for $50 (or less) IMO!

Jenn
DS 6/03

kseltmann
07-23-2004, 06:05 PM
I couldn't agree more. I love my Skip Hop bag, too. Isn't this funny? I don't know about you, but in my old life I was cool, and now I get giddy over a diaper bag.
But I share in your happiness with your Skip Hop. I think it is the best bag ever.

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040924/2/13/2/-5/.png[/img][/url]

jk3
07-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I know I used to be cool too. Actually I am cool to my mom friends who think I'm in the know about baby tips + products. To my single or newly married friends, I'm not that cool. Staying out until 11 is an exceptionally late night. Buying something new for my DS is exciting. Can't think of something I've purchased for myself that's not baby related. Plus I am psyched when I see other people with neat baby products. I saw an E3 for the first time while on a trip to Cape Cod + I was so excited I pointed it out to my husband. He thought I had completely lost it at that point. Oh well!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

masetane
07-23-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm liking mine too. Not in love, but its pretty great. I use mine strictly as a stroller accessory as it replace the fish net I had on teh back of my Maclaren. I don't use it as a diaper bag b/c it doesn't stand up on its own and I can't be bothered to keep changing the straps for bag vs. stroller style. Right now I really like it on the back of my Techno. I'm trying to figure out how to stop it from sliding down too far. I've made the loops as tight as they can go - anyone else have it on the back of a Techno?
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

debbiet.
07-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Hi Caroline,

I have the techno, and the bag is great. I came up with a really cool solution for the strap staying put... I marked the exact spot I wanted the strap to sit on the stroller, and I had the shoe maker glue a piece of clingy rubber on to that exact spot on the facing side of both stroller straps. It cost like 3$... But once it's there, you cannot adjust the strap that much unless you rip the
rubber off.

This way it stays up exactly where I want it! Think of the kind of rubber that is on the back of a shoulder strap.It works! The shoemaker guy did not totally understand, but I brought my stoller with him and he got it!

Debbie
Mommy to Joelle

candybomiller
07-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Ok, skip hop/mac users, does the stroller tip over when you take the baby out? Obviously I would need to take Matt out of the stroller to change his diaper, but if the stoller tips over with the bag on, obviously it's not very useful.

Thanks.

masetane
07-25-2004, 02:33 AM
mine does not but I do not have much in it. I have had it on my stroller for 3 days now - I really like it but I don't think I need it since I have my Alpha 7. I just cut off the tags yesterday (I have them still) but I will probably be posting it for sale on swap shortly. It's a great bag but I took it off after trying it out and I didn't miss it since I just hooked on my Alpha. Anyway, I am sort of in a quandry about what to do if anyone has any advice.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

debbiet.
07-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Hi!

Any bag will tip the stroller when you take the baby out.
It's gravity! Whether it be a loom or lands end etc...

So, If the bag is loaded I just take the bag off by its back strap
before joelle comes out. I usually need the bag off when she comes out anyway. If the bag is not super-loaded, my techno does not tip. You can also buy front weights to balance the stroller out if you do not want any tipping.

Debbie