PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Escape Pod?

priscilla73
07-25-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm debating buying the Escape Pod but I'm concerned that the upside down zippers will bug me. For those of you that own/owned one, does/did it bother you? And the Fleurville website says that it has a shoulder strap. Does it? Also, how much room does it take up in an Alpha 7?

Thanks
Priscilla

Chelsey333
07-25-2004, 09:34 PM
I love my Escape Pod. The upside down zippers do bug me though. Bec I find it takes longer to get everything out, you have to open the bag all the way. I find it harder to get my stuff out with the zippers in that position. But even though it is flaw in the bag, I still love the size and convenience of it. I don't always know when to use it, bec I get nervous carrying so little. But I take it into the grocery store and to gymboree class. I also have been using it as my purse without my kids bec I am too lazy to switch my stuff to a pocketbook. No shoulder strap on mine, just 2 small straps. I usually carry it on my shoulder, tucked under my armpit. I don't have the Alpha 7 yet, so not sure how it fits. But I have a hard time fitting it in my Mothership when it is packed up for a 2 year old and newborn. Hope this helps.

jk3
07-26-2004, 10:06 AM
I've never noticed a shoulder strap but I'll take a look. I love using my Escape Pod. For some reason it doesn't bother me that I have to open the bag all the way and the zippers are fine too. I like that this bag keeps me organized. I can easily find what I need + I'm able to fit more into this bag than I expected. It fits perfectly into my Mothership but I don't have an Alpha 7. It's an adorable bag that can be used in a diaper bag or alone for quick trips + walks.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

marnay
07-26-2004, 10:38 AM
I just bought one and it hasn't arrived yet, do you think it would fit in a Kecci bag? I sold my Mothership so right now the Kecci is my largest bag.

I also have a Timbuk2 (actually 2 of them :) ) on their way, I wonder if it would fit in there?

Naydene

robmab719
07-26-2004, 10:51 AM
I returned mine because of the zipper issue. For me, being able to "operate" the bag one-handed is a MUST, and the Escape Pod just doesn't allow for that. It takes two hands to unzip the bag completely open, then you have to hold the bag with one hand while you unzip the upside down inside zipper. Too much trouble for this impatient gal! :)

Also, there's no shoulder strap. Just two small straps...basically like a handbag. You might be able to stretch them over your shoulders if you're skinny, but I doubt it would be very comfortable.

jk3
07-26-2004, 01:08 PM
I've never seen a Timbuk 2 IRL but I have seen the Kecci bags. I think it would fit into one quite well. I have a PP boxy backpack + it fits in the main inside compartment.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

marnay
07-26-2004, 02:27 PM
>I've never seen a Timbuk 2 IRL but I have seen the Kecci
>bags. I think it would fit into one quite well. I have a PP
>boxy backpack + it fits in the main inside compartment.
>
>Jenn
>DS 6/03
>
>http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

This makes me happy!!!!
:)

Naydene

supercalifragilous
07-26-2004, 02:48 PM
I debated getting the EP too during the co-op but I knew the upside-down zippers would get to me. I like unzipping just enough to reach down to get what I need.

Another PP (back when the co-op was going on) had posted getting a nice EP-like cosmetic case @ Wal-Mart so I just went and found one for $8.97. It's clear thick vinyl and some people might not like that but I like seeing exactly where everything is. The best thing about it is that the interior zippers are right side up and the main zipper is a two-way zipper.

It doesn't have a pen holder and some of the zippered compartments of the EP but I just use it to carry the diapering essentials (I even fit a disposable changing pad in there) so it suits me just fine and you can't knock the price! I think the brand name is "Modella" or something like that.

There was another one by the same brand that was a little thicker - It has a zippered "main"/middle compartment (one-way zipper) that's got gusseted sides. Then on each side of the bag it has two full-length zippered compartments, each with an interior zipper along the length of the bag - one side is black mesh (breathable) and the other is clear vinyl, just like the rest of the bag. That was also $8.97. It's kinda hard to explain but if you're interested in the EP but the price is daunting, it's worth going to check out!

pjeaston
07-26-2004, 05:01 PM
I recently learned that Fleurville is going to change the Escape Pod so that the "upside" down effect is reversed. There isn't a specific date for the release, but it is in the near future.

Mom to Nicole 5/20/00 and Rachel 6/8/02