PDA

View Full Version : Please help me get organized! Diaper bag/purse....

sophiesmom
07-25-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm looking for opinions on diaper bags... I have 2 children, 3 and 15 months old. I have the Land's End diaper bag (about 3 years old, in great shape!) I like it, but have had times where I really could have used a backpack style. Doesn't happen all the time, but for instance today had to carry DS (15 months but huge!), diaper bag, and baby cooler... felt like i was going to fall over! but mostly i sling the LE bag over my double stroller so don't usually have to carry...

For a while was also using a backpack purse for myself which is nice to have hands free, but sometimes i feel like a 'dork' using one, although I am a mommy!

Sooo. what I'm asking:

1. Should i go for the backpack diaper bag? Is it big enough to hold enough for 2 kids? and with this carry a regular purse?

2. Should i just keep an empty regular backpack in my trunk for when needed?

I've been wanting to get a new diaper bag in general but hate to spend the money for a regular one, so i figured the diaper backpack would be different. Does anyone have a Vera Bradley one? They're a bit pricey though.

What i want is to be more organized, I tried buying an imitation VB tote from Target and carrying my stuff and a few diapers/wipes, toys for the kids but that is not working, can never find anything, plus if i switch to the diaper bag i feel like i ne ver have everything i need. I want to have all in one bag, from diapers, to table toppers, to creams, bags, etc....

Hope this makes sense, I'm exhausted! Have a very active 3 year old, turning into '3 year old', and a very clingy 25 pound 15 month old who wants mommy all the time...

thanks!
stephanie

masetane
07-25-2004, 11:55 PM
I had a Vera Bradley one. They are so pretty but what happens is slowly the fabric fades and rubs away. This has happened on all my bags on the handles so I can't recommmend it. I have a 3.5 year old and 17 month old and it sounded like you were describing me! My Lands End Little Tripper was too small. Now I have the Fleruville Alpha 7 and I am wondering why I never bought this in the first place. Fantastic size and I wear it backpack b/c my little one likes to be held (he's shy!) I really do like having my hands free and they still feel free when I wear it messenger style. Worth every penny to me!
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

priscilla73
07-26-2004, 12:40 AM
I have a VERY active 3 yr old and almost 1 yr old and have always used and preferred backpack style bags for the hand's free option. However, upon discovering the Alpha 7, I now prefer to wear my bags messenger style. I don't feel like I have a hump on my back like I used to. I like the versatility of the Alpha 7 in that you can wear it messenger or backpack style. I have a P3 and clip it onto my stroller with carbiners for easy access. I wish that I found this bag sooner. The price almost scared me away. Now I have another Alpha 7 on its way to me! I'll have both a Pink and Blue Chocolate! I'm with Caroline, it's worth every penny!

sophiesmom
07-26-2004, 08:55 AM
I'll have to check them out!

I was thinking of buying just a regular Vera Bradley tote for myself, they have a large one called the miller, stands up, large inside, lots of inside pockets. Thought would be good for traveling, or a big day trip w/ the kids. Do you think the VB diaper bag wore out because of daily use?

Thanks again!