PDA

View Full Version : Escape Pod Update!!! - Direct from Fleurville

priscilla73
07-26-2004, 07:33 PM
I emailed Fleurville today about the Escape Pod since I'm concerned that the zippers will bother me. Here is their response regarding the EP. Yah!! I'm so thrilled that they are changing the zippers!

Priscilla,

Thanks so much for contacting us!! We are actually rotating that side of the Pod 180 degrees as people are using the EP differently than we thought they would. We tested the product as a changing kit that would be laid flat when open so clear access to both sides wouldn’t be hindered by the ‘lip’ of the outside wall. It turns out that people are using it as a purse and simply reaching in and getting things. So we are spinning the mesh side to reflect this actual type of use. They are going into production now and will appear in the market this Fall.

Please keep the observations coming!! FYI we are now shipping all our diaper products with free see-thru wipe cases. No more guessing how many wipes remain… just look inside!

Please stay in touch!

Best,

The Fleurville Team

murpheyblue
07-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Oh no! I was doing so good resisting the EP - LOL!

Thanks for the update.

heatherlynn
07-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Ok, I liked the concept of the EP, but was afraid to buy it because of the problems some people had with them, even though I really didn't understand what the problem was! After reading your post and looking at a picture of it open online, I totally get it now. Anyway, if they're going to redesign it, you know what I think would be way cool? Instead of the double straps, I think a single, retractable strap that you could make any length would be so handy (kind of like a tape measure where you can stop it wherever you want). Does that make sense? Sometimes it could be short, sometimes medium, sometimes long to loop over stroller handles... Oh, imagine the possibilities!

H-
Heather
dd Gabrielle 3/98
ds 8/04

masetane
07-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Neat - it woudl be great if they brought it to one strap anyway. Me and 2 straps + baby = all tangled up! What is this wipe thing they are offering exactly???? did anyone get it?
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

robmab719
07-26-2004, 11:26 PM
Yay! They are actually listening to us. I was one of the people who emailed them about using the Pod as a purse, so it's nice to see that someone might have actually RECEIVED that email. (I never received a response.)

Hmmmm...now I just have to figure out what color Pod I'm going to need this fall. ;)

Chelsey333
07-27-2004, 02:46 PM
I got my Alpha 7 today and it came with the see thru wipe container. It is basicly the same as a Huggies (white plastic) wipe container, except it is orange and clear - so you can see how many wipes you have. I have a blue one that I got from a travel changing pad, and I didn't like it bec it would dry out my wipes if I didn't use them quick enough. I am hoping the Fleurville one is better than the blue one I have.

btw, I was surprised at the size of the Alpha, it was smaller than I expected. You like this bag for 2 kids and can fit all of your stuff in it?

priscilla73
07-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Hey Chelsea
Yes...I love this bag. For me, it's the perfect size with my 2 kids. Ages 1 and 3. I usually have room to spare but I may be somewhat of a light packer. I don't like to be weighed down too much. I can fit all that I need for a whole day for 2 kids. I always keeps a stocked bag in the truck though.
Priscilla

And I have the Mothership for all day ventures.

masetane
07-27-2004, 05:25 PM
I have 2 kids and I can fit everything in. BUT, all I carry for my daughter is an extra pair of underwear and a drink. For my son I carry 3 diapers, 1 swimmie, Balmex, snack cup, sippy cup, travel size sun block, burp cloth, wallet, organizer, cell, sunglasses keys, 2 toys, extra shirt and I have a little room for more. I would say it's a medium size.
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03