PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 Size Help

bluhimmy
07-26-2004, 08:20 PM
I'm looking into the Timbuk2 bags for DH to use as a day trip diaper bag. I've looked at both the Sierra Trading Post and Timbuk2 websites for info, but I've got questions. We're new parents, expecting our first to arrive in a few weeks.

First of all, I'm not sure which size I should consider for just day trips. Would the small messenger suffice? Should I go larger or smaller?

Second, I am confused by the names on the 2 websites. On Timbuk2's website, I see a Metro bag and the small messenger. Are these same as the small messenger and Shortcut bag posted on Sierra Trading Post? I do understand that on Timbuk2, you can custom order a bag, other than that I can't figure it out.

Hopefully, someone can help me figure this out, and understand the difference.

ktdid74
07-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi Diana-
The small messenger bag is a good size bag (IMO) for daytrips. I bought mine to use as a diaper bag but actually use it for work now. It has tons of pockets and places to put things. The metro is the newer version of the shortcut- I believe someone said it has a little more interior room and isn't as bulky as the shortcut. The metro is great for short trips or for older babies that don't require as much "stuff" :)
I think once you figure out what you'll be hauling around for your baby, you can decide which size is most appropriate. I just re-read your post and it says it's for your DH. I bet the small messenger would be perfect for him!
Good luck and congrats on your new baby :)

eta- I bought my small bag at timbuk2.com and my metro at gearguys.com

Smiles81
07-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Well, I use a small timbuk2 from sierra trading post. I use it for day trips but it can get a little crowded. I still do think that a medium would be to large though. Anyways, here is what I fit,
three diapers, a bottle,(I use the playtex nurser system) water, formula, hat, bib, burpcloth, change of clothes (can fit two), receiving blanket, wipes case, tylenol, pacifier, sunscreen, then my stuff, wallet, cell phone, makeup, mini brush, coupons, etc. Its a great bag. I got it from sierra trading post for 44 dollars. I found an internet coupon and a free shipping riddle from fatwallet.com
HTH

Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04