PDA

View Full Version : Petunia Pickle Bottom owners - what do you have?

supercalifragilous
07-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Just curious what everyone has and where you got it - I'll go first - I don't know the name but I have the turquoise dragonfly floppy backpack from eBay :P

I wanted the Bam Bam but now I'll be getting a Bam Bam WW backpack instead!

Buzymommy5
07-27-2004, 04:33 PM
hi again :) love these bags! got the backpacks in bam bam, cucumber, and waiting for butterfly...chris

let us know how you like your ww bam bam!

jk3
07-27-2004, 05:01 PM
I have the Bam Bam Backpack but I'm almost ready to part with it in favor of a new fabric or a new Alpha 7 or a new WW asian brocade...time will tell!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

ShaniB123
07-27-2004, 05:57 PM
PPB owners:

Are you happy with your bags? Any complaints? I'm eyeing the boxy backpack in red, but I'm wondering if I should buy the current version (which will hopefully go on sale soon, since they're coming out with redesigned ones soon), or whether I should wait for the newly redesigned version of the boxy backpack.

Thanks!

First due in CA in October

jk3
07-27-2004, 06:18 PM
I love my bag. It's big enough for me to use as an everyday bag but it's also light when packed which is great. Some have complained about the attached changing pad. It doesn't bother me but the detachable one might be a nice feature. If you can get the older version for a great price, I'd say go for it. If you are going to pay the same amount, choose the bag that has the features you desire.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jendalymd
07-27-2004, 07:20 PM
I agree. I have the PP Boxy Backpack in the Sunset Dragon Roll. Love it! Got it as a gift when DS was born. Use it everyday. Have gotten tons of compliments on it. Love the backpack feature. But, does have the black hole effect. I think the new ones with the detachable changing pad look even better. But pricey $175! I do get a ton of use out of it though, so I guess if I were you I'd wait for the new ones, but if you can't wait or can get one for a super low price, then go for it. Also, the new Loom Bandicoots are coming out any day now, so you might want to check that out too, it doesn't look as big though and the fabrics are definitely not as gorgeous as the Petunias.

Good luck!

ShaniB123
07-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Actually, I am planning on checking out the Loom Bandicoot because it seems practical and has the backpack option, but I agree- they're just not as cute as the PPB!

First due in CA in October

supercalifragilous
07-28-2004, 02:36 PM
If I knew (earlier) about Kecci and Whimsical Wears custom bags/backpacks, I wouldn't have gotten my PPB. I get just as many compliments on my Kecci and I find it more comfortable wearing it backpack style. I love that the straps are attached at the top and that the inside is waterproof. It fits just as much as my PPB size-wise and I like that it's machine washable. The best part is, for the price of one PPB ($175), I can get 4-5 Keccis, one in each color! :7 And I got my favorite PPB fabric being made into a Whimsical Wears backpack for 1/3 the price too so I gotta say I'm a happy camper. I now wish I hadn't wasted my $$ on my now-floppy PPB backpack. I'd probably feel better if I experienced better customer service from PPB but now I just don't feel like it's worth the $$ if in the end I'm getting another floppy bag.

I've never used the attached changing pad on my PPB - it's too short and it's dry-clean only so I just use the front as an extra compartment for mommy things. I'd check to see if the detachable changing pad on the new PPBs is machine washable and hopefully they lengthened it. The separate changing pad for my Kecci is the same size as the PPB so it's too short but at least it's the nice fabric on one side and the waterproof vinyl(?) on the other so I can wipe it clean.

Just my 2 cents... Like they say, hindsight is 20/20!! :P

supercalifragilous
07-29-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm surprised there are only 3 of us on BBB who have PPBs! Oh well, maybe there are others who just haven't posted...

emmiem
07-29-2004, 10:51 PM
I have two PPB Toddler Totes. One in Black Jaquar and the other Land of the Lost. I love them both. After 18 months of use, they still look great but just a few snags and a little floppier than new. They are great for when you are out of the bottles. I now carry a toilet adapter seat in mine. Nobody ever thinks it is a diaper bag. I am planning to get the new backpack for when #3 comes in the fall. Never liked that attached changing pad.
Michele

Phoebe
07-30-2004, 12:50 AM
I have the Land of the Lost boxy back pack. I bought it at a baby boutique here in town. I love it, and have been using it for about 18 months. Here's why I like it:

it's a backpack

it's pretty (I live in a college town, and college girls are always stopping me and commenting on the bag. They think it's a purse - they're surprised it's a DB.

love the light green interior and piping

love the attached changing pad, especially when ds was a newborn

my dd uses it as a pillow when she falls asleep in the grocery cart

Phoebe, mom to Susan 3, and David 1

JenCA
07-30-2004, 04:50 PM
I have the sunset dragon roll toddler tote. LOVE it! :)

supersparkee
07-30-2004, 05:46 PM
I have a Shrimp Roll Boxy Backpack that I use as my one and only bag. I also have an Ella Elaine bag that I used a handful of times but decided to post it on Swap since I found I don't like tote-style bags.

Things I love about it:
* the exterior fabric - this is the A#1 thing about this bag, the reason I bought it. It is so beautiful and I get a lot of compliments on it.
* the interior fabric - light color makes it easy to find things plus I was surprised to find out that it really is waterproof (leaky sippy cup)
* the size - it is unbelievable the amount of stuff I can fit in this bag.
* the ability to wear both messenger style (which is what I typically do) and backpack style
* the pockets and key ring clip
* versatility (well, somewhat - I used it for a laptop bag a few times - the diaper pad provides great cushioning for the laptop).

Things that drive me crazy:
* the exterior fabric - I worry about getting it dirty since it is dry-clean only. Plus it seems to pick really easily.
* the messenger strap is slick and the buckle won't keep it in the correct adjustment so I have to keep adjusting it.
* the depth - I'm short so my short arms have a hard time reaching to the bottom of the bag! But it doesn't bother me that much.
* the changing pad - I share everyone else's opinion!

I got mine through a co-op here a few months ago and it was $110 shipped. I don't think I would have bought it if it were $175, though!