PDA

View Full Version : My kingdom for a Chris Carter! (long + review, pics)

khakismom
07-27-2004, 05:15 PM
What a ride! OK, I posted a week or so ago that I had ordered a Chris Carter LA bag in the Crazy Daisy pattern and it was on its way to me. I finally got motivated to order when I saw a woman at BRU with one and I chased her down to talk to her about it. She mentioned that she ordered it from Posh Tots but that I better hurry because she heard that Chris just had a baby and is closing up shop (I don’t know if it’s for good or temporarily).

So I get online and check out Posh Tots, but don’t see the bag. So I order the bag from the cheapest place I can find, Everything Mom. 2 days later I get an email telling me that they don’t have it in stock, only the blue and pink plaid ones and a blue stripe one. I tell them to cancel my order, and figure I’ll just order it direct from the CC website. So I order it again. 2 days later I get yet another email telling me that they aren’t filling any orders, that they are closing. ACK!! So I go back to Everything Mom and order the pink plaid bag.

Meanwhile I call up Post Tots and ask if they have any in stock. The after-hours CS orders a bag for me because it’s still showing up in the catalog. I get a call the next day from their CS—who are super nice!—telling me no go. They don’t have any in stock. So I’m now waiting for the pink plaid bag but still calling up all these babyshops in LA trying to locate one in stock, since you can’t order direct from the manufacturer anymore, and I would prefer another color.

I call up Fred Segal and the very helpful lady tells me they don’t have any in stock. When I tell her my predicament, she gives me the name and number of a buyer who can search the whole area for me. I give her a call and she is very nice, tells me she is on vaca this week but promises to look for me next week.

By now, the pink plaid bag has arrived, and I am IN LOVE! This is hands-down the lightest bag I have ever carried. It makes the Kecci feel like a piece of luggage. I love it so much that I returned the Chester backpack that I had just received in the mail the week before.

The exterior has 2 outside pockets on each end—1 is an open pocket, the other closes with a magnetic snap. The bag is lined with the plastic, like the Mothership, but it’s very soft and supple, not hard and plastic-y like the MS. The 2 straps do not have the vinyl coated, I wish they did. The closure is a flap that has a magnetic snap.

The interior organization is wonderful! One big pocket the runs the width of the bag that is closed with Velcro. An open pocket on the end for a bottle or sippy. And then 2 open pockets right next to each other that also run the width of the bag. One of those pockets also has a zippered pocket built into it. The only bummer—the inside is black. But the inside material is a nice, soft, light nylon. And the changing pad is super lightweight too.

This bag has the organization and room of a larger bag, but the size and weight and look of a medium bag. I originally thought that if that buyer comes thru for me and finds me the pattern I want, I was going to return this one. But I don’t think I will! I love this bag so much, that I wouldn’t mind one in another pattern. I also would have no problem carrying this as a purse too when I don’t need one anymore.

So call off the dogs, the hunt is over, I think I have found my ultimate bag! Besides I'm getting worn out with all this coveting, hunting, buying, and reselling of the latest and greatest dipe bags. My wallet can't take it anymore. :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9725.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9726.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9727.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9728.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9729.jpg

Dscvrlifewith3
07-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Wow, I had not heard the buzz that Chris was closing up shop. That happens. :) I am glad you found the bag though that you coveted!

MichelleRC
07-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Wow!! I have been anxiously awaiting your review of this bag!! (I am 8 months pregnant in the heat of the South Florida summer--I don;t get out much LOL!)
I am so glad you love it after all it took to get it The plaid is really cute!
I loved the Crazy Daisy pattern too and am half glad it's not available at the moment because I need another bag like another head. I haven't even used my gorgeous navy Kecci yet and have pre-ordered a houndstooth MS.

Which of your current bags would you think it is closest to sizewise?

Thanks for the great review and pictures.
Enjoy your bag!

robmab719
07-27-2004, 08:14 PM
If anyone's in the market for the Blue Plaid one, I noticed earlier this week that it's on sale at www.tuttibella.com. I think it's under $100?

khakismom
07-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Yep, all that's left supposedly is the blue plaid, pink plaid, and a blue stripe one. I REALLY wanted either the crazy daisy one or the black and white one. I'm still on the hunt. I know it may not look like much in the picture, but it's an *awesome* bag!

khakismom
07-27-2004, 11:54 PM
It's a wee wider than the Kecci and an inch or 2 longer, but not as tall as the Kecci--if that makes any sense. :) I'll try and take pics of it next to the Kecci and MS.