PDA

View Full Version : What is your new favorite bag?

Chelsey333
07-28-2004, 02:31 PM
So many of us have bought and sold a lot of bags recently. Bags we once thought were great are up for sale. What is the latest and greatest bag for you and why? My current favorite is my Alpha 7 that I just got. I like it so much, I would love to get another one in a different color. Love how light weight it is, love the pockets, and like that it can be worn messenger and backpack style.

robmab719
07-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Still love my Mothership. Haven't received my Alpha 7 or Bandicoot, yet, so it may change after that. But for right now, I have no complaints at all with the Mothership and would love to have another one! :)

Truska
07-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Ditto to everything you just said about the Alpha! For now, this is it! That, however, doesn't stop me from looking at others (okay, and buying! ;-) )

MichelleRC
07-28-2004, 03:52 PM
I have definitely been a part of the recent buying and selling frenzy. (I have sold like 4 bags in the last 2 months)
My current favorite bag is the Timi and Leslie large bebe bag-I have it in 2 different fabrics--the basketball leather which is put away for the winter and Polly (a black, cranberry and greenish pattern covered in vinyl with cranberry trim and interior). I love this bag.
I am expecting #2 in a few weeks so I have a houndstooth MS pre-ordered for toting around all the newborn stuff you need in the early weeks.
Oh and I forgot about my gorgeous new navy Kecci.
Wow, I think this is the first time in a while I am not actively looking for a new bag. I have several I really like! (A girl must have options, right?)
:)

khakismom
07-28-2004, 04:27 PM
>Wow, I think this is the first time in a while I am not
>actively looking for a new bag. I have several I really like!

Me too! Current fave is the Chris Carter. Love how light it is, and how the bag seems to be bottomless. I have alot in there and there's still room for more. :) Other fave is the beige Kecci--such a pretty bag with great organization.

Unless I can find the Chris Carter in a pattern I like more, I don't think I'll be buying any more big bags for a long while. I'm intrigued with the Bandicoot and am waiting patiently for all the review and pics when they finally start shipping. I'm just not sure it's for me--backpack and all. And I will most likely get an Escape Pod in houndstooth and red (if they have them), or any other new fun colors. But the EPs are more like little purses! ;)

the5howards
07-28-2004, 05:23 PM
My current favorite is my Ella-bag Lily. It is an older style (different zipper type I think) that my mom picked up for me at the actual store on Sale. Mine has the vinyl on the inside which is wonderful with kids always throwing something in the diaper bag. It also has two outter slip pockets (ala chester) that keep my stuff handy with no digging. Dh much prefers the Alpha 7 but it just doesn't do it for me.

With a newborn coming this winter and a 2 year with food allergies ( read lots of stuff to carry) I am thinking about either another custom bag with some tweaking or a Pink stripe MS.
Chrissy

ShaniB123
07-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Where did you buy your Timi and Leslie? If you bought it online, did you have the opportunity to see it anywhere IRL first? After reading your post, I looked up these bags online and fell in love... but I want to see them in real life before committing to buying one. I've never seen them in stores. I love the asian brocade fabrics, as well as the toile.

Thanks!

First due in CA in October

jk3
07-28-2004, 08:53 PM
I love, love, love my new Skip Hop!!! I'd like to get an Alpha 7 or WW in the fall but I'm still on the fence about any new purchases.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

urbanmama
07-28-2004, 09:04 PM
I started frequenting this board (usually hang out mainly in Reality Layette) about 6-8 weeks ago. In that time, I have purchased 4 new diaper bags!!! I should have never come to this board! I don't need another addiction!

Anyway, I got a Skip Hop and a Mothership. I really LOVE the Skip Hop! It is such a great bag. I haven't used the Mothership too much yet. I like it, but it is too much bag for me for everyday.

I ordered an Alpha 7 during the last co-op and I'm expecting it any day now. I can't wait to get it!! I hope I love it as much as everyone says I will. I'm planning on it being my everyday bag.

Finally, I just spoke to Kim from WW tonight. She said that she will be sending out my new Katie bag this Saturday or next Monday. I can't wait to see it!!

Marie

khakismom
07-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Be sure and post some pics of it Marie!

marnay
07-28-2004, 09:43 PM
My favorite bag is usually the one that I am using at the time! :) Right now that would be my beige Kecci bag. I am really enjoying it, and for the price I paid during the co-op, I love it!!!!

I am awaiting 2 new Timbuk2 bags I ordered and hopefully will love those as well! I really haven't had a nice bag that I didn't like. I am not a backpack kinda gal so I usually don't buy them unless I can carry them messenger style as well.

I also have a Chester tote that I love!

Naydene

candybomiller
07-28-2004, 10:10 PM
I just received my marsupial and my alpha today, haven't had a chance to use either, but I think I'm really going to like them both! I'm thinking that I'm going to take the marsupial on our 5 hour flight this weekend. Hopefully it will be big enough! :)

kseltmann
07-28-2004, 10:36 PM
First, I must congratulate you on your vast accomplishments over such a short period of time. 6-8 weeks for me can be deliberation alone, forget coop timeframes, shipping...
Anyway, I am a superfan of the Skip Hop bag. I REALLY love it too. Sure, it could be better in some ways, but overall, it is the best bag for your buck. However, if I were to ever "cheat" on my skip hop and try an alpha (redesigned one mind you) how do you think I will feel about the alpha. I mean once it gets there, you unpack it, you stare at it with a high school dreamy face, then you try it on empty, check yourself out in the mirror, and then AND ONLY THEN will you begin to pack that new bag with only the GOOD stuff from your old bag. Ahhh. What a feeling that is, and the pride that you have as you carry your new cool bag with only the cool things in it, hoping that the non-BBB mommies will be green with envy as my baby in her P3 and me with my new bag sashay past them at the mall. Then and only then can I truely be happy.
Diaper bags are a cheaper form of cosmetic surgery. That should be my mantra.
Had a point here... Would you be so kind to share your comparison with us, especially if there was a picture involved...once you get your alpha up and going in the aforementioned process...
:)
Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040924/2/13/2/-5/.png[/img][/url]

urbanmama
07-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Maureen,

I assume you mean the WW bag?? I will definitely post pics! I'm so excited to see what it looks like!

Marie

urbanmama
07-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Kathryn,

LOL at the process you described!! You described it perfectly! I'm so anxious for my Alpha 7 and my WW tote to get here that I can't stand it!

Sure-- I'd be happy to share my thoughts (and pictures) of the Alpha 7 vs. the Skip Hop. I'm really hoping that I like the Alpha 7. I love how my stuff is organized in the Skip Hop and I'm wondering if I'll be as happy in the Alpha 7.

BTW, I forgot to mention something in my last post. I've actually ordered 6 bags in the last 6-8 weeks, not 4. I ordered a Chester diaper tote and a Chester backpack, but they didn't work for me so I sent them back :-) .

Marie

jasabo
07-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Hands down, it's my Alpha 7. I love, love, love my Alpha! Since I received it, I haven't even used any of my others. I just wish they had more fun prints - I'd buy one or two more :) The organization is great, it's durable, love the backpack/messenger option, the strap is the perfect length, love the outside pockets...I could go on and on :) Gee, 2 yrs ago, I never thought I'd get so excited talking about a diaper bag :)

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

twofallbabies
07-29-2004, 01:28 AM
I just got the Canadian A7 knockoff in "Blue Rhapsody". It's my only new bag, though I'd like to order the new LE LT or small tote (just have to pick a color), so I guess it's my fave! :)

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

essnce629
07-29-2004, 03:26 AM
I'm really liking my LE small tote for quick errands and my pink Fiona Lang bag for longer outings. I've gotten several compliments on my Fiona Lang bag and people are very surprised when they find out it's a diaper bag. Even my friends without kids really like my Fiona Lang bag. And my friends thought my LE tote was just a regular purse.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel

Momof3Labs
07-29-2004, 09:57 AM
My Timbuk2 small messenger bag. Now that I've found this bag, I've stopped hunting for diaper bags - that says a lot!