PDA

View Full Version : Does your diaper bag match your wardrobe -fleurville and other bag owners?

caroline9
07-28-2004, 02:34 PM
I JUST bought a fleurville pink stripes mothership bag yesterday, after looking at the site and drooling for months, and then yesterday afternoon saw the new lime bingo pattern. It goes with more of my clotrhes (I wear mostly blue, and blue chocolate would go best but I wanted a fun pattern).

So What would you do? The pink stripes bag has shipped, and I can sell it on ebay and get my money back, then buy the lime bingo, or I can stick with the pink stripes. I absolutely love the pattern of the pink stripes (lime bingo is cute too though) but pink is virtually non-exisitent in my wardrobe and I love the colrs of the lime bingo bag I had no idea the other one was out or I *might* have purchased it instead.

Do you all coordinate you fleurville and other bags with your wardrobe? Am I nuts to get a pink striped bag?

Caroline
Mommy to Isabel 05/06/2003

m448
07-28-2004, 02:51 PM
yes, all bags must coordinate with MY wardrobe since I'm a bag/shoe freak and can no longer carry my small cute bags.

Since Ian was born I've carried an Amy Coe bag that looked like an oversized gucci, a gap nylon hobo in black and finally to break the black streak am waiting on a moss Marsupial. I'm a SAHM so my wardrobe is kind of jean but dressy so hip bags are a must.

jendalymd
07-28-2004, 03:08 PM
I just bought a new white corduroy mini skirt from Benetton yesterday to go with my yet to be delivered Fleurville white corduroy Mothership that I got off the last co-op. So, I'm there with you!

I love the pink stripes MS, very cute and girly. I saw the Limi Bingo and it is awesome too. I love the bright blue/aqua inside color. I would probably go with the lime bingo if I were you. It is just so funky and fun!

Good luck!

robmab719
07-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Interesting question, and I'm trying to figure out how to answer. I have a Purple Swirl Mothership, but I rarely wear purple or bright pink or any of the other colors in that bag. So no, my bag doesn't always match my outfit. I guess I feel like the rules are more "lax" for diaper bags than for handbags, because I switch out handbags all the time to match my outfits. However, if I could afford a Mothership in every color, I probably WOULD match it to my outfits, too! lol

I ordered a black/moss Bandicoot for Fall because I thought those colors would coordinate with my fall/winter wardrobe better than the Purple Swirl. And it just looks more "fall" to me.

caroline9
07-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the responses! I too love the inside color of the new lime bingo. I cannot afford to get more than one bag, let alone two, so I had to pick which bag I liked best...and that was BEFORE I saw the lime bingo! Now I am torn, but with the stripes on the way that may be the answer as it would be somewhat of a hassle to go through the selling process.

I feel guilty for even deliberating over something as trivial as a diaper bag, but I am hooked on these fleurville bags! I asked DH, my good friend, and my mom and they all like the pink stripe better, but I do LOVE the colors of the other! Too hard to decide, I think I need to see it in person.

Caroline

Chelsey333
07-28-2004, 03:30 PM
I try to buy bags that will somewhat go with what I typically wear. But I am pretty conservative in my color choices. I have mostly black and blue bags. I would go with the bag you like the most, bec once the novelty wears off you will want to buy the other one.

saschalicks
07-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I am also a new MS lover. Although I cannot afford one at this moment I will be getting one when I see all of the fall colors come out (gives me time to save up). I, like you, was instantly in love with the lime bingo. I saw it IRL the other day, and I convinced myself that I couldn't buy it right then and there b/c a co-op would make it cheaper than at a store, plus what if something came out soon I liked better. Anyway, my point is get the lime bingo b/c it is super cute, and everyone has the pink stripe, but no one has the lime bingo yet. I hope this helped.

Oh to answer your question I am also going to start a collection of diaper bags that will "match' what I'm wearing. My version however, will be that I wear fall/winter colors and spring/summer colors in their appropriate time frames.

caroline9
07-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Gosh, I actually have only seen the piunk stripe one being used by someone once IRL...But I agree the lime bingo is far more original in that it is new. I really need to see it. Maybe I should sell this one and then wait until fall, with all the new design coming out, but I am sure that I will always find something I like more. Grrr!

Caroline

khakismom
07-28-2004, 04:17 PM
I have the pink stripes one and love it, mainly because I wear alot of pink and the other colors. I definitely try to get dipe bags in colors that will match my wardrobe. So I think you should get the lime bingo one if that is the one *you* will be happiest with and like more.

Can you return the pink stripe one? Or are you "stuck" with it? If you can't return it, you should have no problem selling it on swap or ebay.

I love the Lime bingo bag, and if it were not so much $$$, I would get it for the few occasions that I am wearing blue or green (I actually do wear quite a bit of green too). But I am too practical, even with my over-priced dipe bags. They *must* match most of my wardrobe or I don't get them, even if I love the color. Let us know what you decide! :)

caroline9
07-28-2004, 04:48 PM
HI Maureen, I actually like the design of the stripes the best, and it does have loads of colors, but I wear so much blue and so little pink I don't know that it makes sense! I can't return the bag. Well I can but I'd lose shipping (both ways) so that is 20 dollars. I got it from an ebay seller who sells them apparently off of ebay as well. I realized an hour after I paid for it and she shipped it that There was a better matching bag. I cannot afford even one, so I can only get 1 bag to match most of my wardrobe...The pink stripes actually matches DD's wardrobe quite well, loland I am a stripes addict! I am torn, I hope I can find somewhere to look at the lime bingo. MY husband is gonig to kill me if he ever knows that I sold and rebought since I JUST did this wilth my PPB that I never used (that's how I got enoguh to afford the the Fleurville!)

Caroline

khakismom
07-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Caroline, I am a stripes addict too! Almost all my bags have stripes. :)

It's not seeing it IRL, but the best online picture I've seen of the Lime Bingo is here--just click to enlarge:

http://www.tuttibella.com/fleurville-lime-bingo-mothership-diaper-bag.html

Also, I've noticed that Target is using the LB pattern as the logo for some of their new lines--mainly the new age, funkier, back-to-school stuff. So you could always check it out at Target! ;) (Although that may not help you much.) GL!

caroline9
07-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks for posting that link Maureen. I looked there the other day and did not see it. It is starting to look too limey to me, LOL! I wish it had more of a sea green.

LOL I always have like target adds b/c of the circles I agree Maureen, stripes are such a great pattern! I dress DD and myself in them a lot! The lady I bought the striped bag from said she could get me the lime bingo at the same pice or any other, so if anyone is interested she is on ebay and told me I could pass that info along. She is selling the striped ones for 119 on ebay plus shipping. Just email me if you awant to know as I imagine she did not have a coop in mind, and was just being friendly...though who knows!

I don't know where I can look at these bags to compare them. The DNC is in town so I am not driving anywhere this week, and I called a store in VA (I'llbe there next week, and they don't have it yet.
Caroline