PDA

View Full Version : TIMI & LESLIE question

ShaniB123
07-28-2004, 05:17 PM
I just saw the Timi and Leslie bags online for the first time, and they look beautiful.

For those of you who have a T&L bag, do you like it? Any complaints/comments?

And, does anyone know I where I can find a list of stores that carry these bags? I'd love to see one in real life.

First due in LA in October

MichelleRC
07-28-2004, 06:20 PM
I actually have 3! I love them. One backpack and 2 large bebe bags. I got the 2nd for a steal on Ebay--NWT from the designers for 1/2 retail price!!
If you do a search, I wrote a detailed review with pictures not too long ago.
I discovered them when I was looking for a cute roomy backpack--I broke my foot and needed my hands free while on crutches.
The bebe bag is just fantastic--about the same exterior size as the Alpha 7, but much more room inside. Snap closure instead of velcro and I like the fabric choices much more. Actually they are covered in clear vinyl like the Mothership so no worries about spills or dirt.
Let me know if you have any more questions!

newmominaugust
07-29-2004, 01:51 PM
These are so beautiful. I love the brocade that is protected. So the large bebe is the size of the Alpha 7? Not the Mothership? Would you consider it a good size for a newborn diaper bag? I don't know how big of a bag I really need actually. I am waiting on a Skip Hop and I am getting a mint Kecci. I have no clue how either of those will be but I was considering getting a Mothership as a big bag. But I am wondering if the Timi & Leslie bebe bag would work as a big bag? Granted I haven't seen any in person except for the Mothership.

Thx

Zynnia
EDD #1 8/21/04
Anthony Joseph or Sofia Rose

http://lilypie.com/days/040821/0/8/0/-5 (http://lilypie.com)

MichelleRC
07-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I would say that the size is in between that of the Alpha 7 and the Mothership. And similar in size to the Kecci but defintiely less delicate with it having the vinyl coating and metal feet on the bottom.
I can fit more in this bag than I could in the Alpha 7, it may be a little deeper and the pockets are organized differently. And for some reason it seems less bulky than the Fleurville bags. The messenger strap is adjustable also.
It would be a great everyday bag for a newborn. I use it as an everyday bag for my 21 month old and have some extra room.
HTH!

JLiebCamm
07-29-2004, 05:53 PM
I just bought one of these bags at an upscale store in Philly for 75% off (only $25). I was very excited! I really like the size and the vinyl exterior. I have no complaints thus far, but I've only had it for a week.

Smiles81
07-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Can you say where in philly. Do you know if they still have them. TIA
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

ShaniB123
07-29-2004, 06:11 PM
I went to school in Philly and have a wedding to go to in Philly next month... I'd love to know where you found the bag on sale, if you don't mind saying. Thank you!

First due in CA in October

justlearning
07-29-2004, 06:41 PM
I have the large BeBe bag in the Sunny style pattern (bought it for sale at Babystyle over a year ago) and have really liked it.

Here's what I like: the vinyl keeps it looking great no matter what I spill on it, it stands on its own, the straps are sturdy enough that they haven't torn even though I put them always over my Pliko handlebars, and it looks really cute. Plus, I really like the bib that came with it. It's the bib I use the most with DS.

Here are the things you should know beforehand, though, that make it less than a perfect bag IMO: there aren't many pockets for organization and the two that they refer to as "bottle holders" are WAY too small for any bottle to fit in them. I use the outside "bottle holder" pocket for my cell phone and it fits perfectly. The inside "bottle holder" is SUPER tiny and only fits my lipstick (which falls to the bottom if I put it in there so I usually don't). What I do is use the one large, non-elasticized pocket for putting my diapers, wipes, and diaper pad (one that folds up, not the one that came with the bag). I use the smaller pocket with elastic on it for my food items and sippy cup (even though the sippy cup falls down into the pocket and fall over in it a little bit). I use the outside zippered pocket for my cash, although sometimes I'll put a bag of cheerios in that too.

So, it is a nice bag and I've used it as my only diaper bag for 14 months and it's held up great. However, you should know about the pockets in case that's an important issue for you. I do have a diaper backpack that I use on trips and it does have two actual bottle holders, and I really like having a place to stick a bottle or sticky cup. I do wish my T&L bag had a better bottle holder, so it wouldn't spill in my bag.

MichelleRC
07-30-2004, 09:50 AM
I use the outside bottle holder for my cell phone also. Fits perfectly. When we used (and will use for #2) bottles, we used Dr. Browns which are long and skinny and fit fine in the inside bottle holder. The wide neck kind (Avent, Playtex...) would be definitely too fat to fit there. I actually emailed them about adding another bigger exterior bottle pocket.
Inside,I use the front elasticized pocket for ziploc bags of snacks, matchbox cars and spoons. All my diapering stuff is in a drawstring pouch in the main compartment, which makes it easier to transfer between bags. I keep the changing pad that came with the bag in the car--it's too big for the bag and use a smaller one instead.
Mine came with a zipper pouch instead of the bib, which I keep my mommy stuff (lipstick, gum, etc) and since it is made from the same vinyl covered fabric it actually stands up on its own and becomes kind of a little divider for the inside of the bag KWIM? Then the sippy cup just stays put if I have it between that and the side of the bag. The big back pocket has a book, bib if I need one, the travel sized magna-doodle and a pack of tissues.
Whew. I think that's it.
HTH!

JLiebCamm
08-01-2004, 09:33 PM
It was the store called Born Yesterday across from Rittenhouse square. Unfortunately, I think it was the only one in the clearance section. I'm not sure if there were full price ones in the front of the store; I only remember seeing Petunia Picklebottoms. Sorry!

ShaniB123
08-02-2004, 01:55 PM
That helps- thank you very much! I'll give the store a call.

First due in CA in October