PDA

View Full Version : We're Going To Disney...

lmariana
07-28-2004, 08:23 PM
TOMORROW! Ah, we just spontaneously decided to go to Disney this weekend. We're leaving tomorrow (Thursday) driving most of the way, and then staying at Disney Friday - Sunday. :)

So, what diaper bag(s) should I take? I was thinking Skip Hop for sure (for the stroller), Escape Pod for quick changes. But then I was thinking that maybe the Kecci would be good because of the backpack feature. So, if we brave the heat and actually try to go on a ride, I can have my hands free.

I also have available:
Alpha 7
Mothership
Baby Sherpa
Chester backpack
Chester Classic Bag

In the daily bag, I'll probably be packing:
6-8 diapers
lotsa wipes
extra onesie
sunscreen
bug spray
Bottle (with liners)
Formula container
Food (2 jars)
Bottled water(s)
Socks
Tiny stuff- teething tablets, tylenol, pacifiers, etc
Hat (vainly hoping he'll actually keep it on)
Blankie- for chilly restaurants
Cameras (digital and video)

So what does everyone think I should take? (Then there's the stroller question! Ahh!)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040814/1/3/0/-5/.png[/img] (img)

Jeanmick
07-28-2004, 08:37 PM
I would probably take the Baby Sherpa. For me I like the idea of having all the essentials in one place so you wouldn't have to fiddle with different bags. Maybe you can fit your Escape Pod in the BS if you're wanting to bring it if it's not too big, but what's worked for me is to have a Gallon-sized Ziploc bag with a changing pad, wipes and diaper in it for those quick changes in the bathroom. Otherwise I just take the whole bag with me to the Baby Care Station. The BS will also be something your DH would have no problem wearing, so you can take turns. Our family uses an Eagle Creek backpack when we go to Disneyland and then use the stroller bin below for things like blankets, extra clothes/jackets.

JHMO...have a great time!

robmab719
07-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Skip-Hop definitely! Escape Pod is also a good idea. I would probably opt for one of the water-resistant backpacks over the Kecci, though. Lots of water rides at Disney these days, plus I think you'd just feel better having something a little less destructible with you at an amusement park. But I think the backpack feature will definitely come in handy. Maybe go with the Alpha because you could convert it to messenger-style when you don't need it to be a backpack?

Hope you have a great time and get some good weather. Say hi to Mickey for me! :)

bubbaray
07-28-2004, 08:58 PM
I agree with the Baby Sherpa. While I don't have one, I do have the LE Deluxe Backpack, which is of similar dimensions. We just used it on a weekend trip this past weekend and it was great.

Have a great trip! Say hi to Mickey for me!! :)

Melissa

PS - what, you're not waiting for the mailman and our T2 order, LOL?!?!?

lmariana
07-28-2004, 09:01 PM
I know! I'm hoping the T2's come tomorrow, but if they don't, my MIL will be checking the house over the weekend, just in case. :)

I SO wish the T2's were here, because I'd totally take that!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Dscvrlifewith3
07-28-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm jealous.

We are Disney Freaks and went four times last year! I liked carrying a backpack, so I would say go with your Chester Backpack. I also had a smaller tote that carried with me on rides, like camera, snacks and water bottle for in line.

Feel free to email or PM me. I have been to Disney World with a child your sons age and might can help you out. I know lots of tricks, shortcuts, etc.

Have lots of fun and wear sunscreen.

bubbaray
07-28-2004, 09:46 PM
I forgot to say in my earlier post that I would also take the Skip Hop, along with the Baby Sherpa. That is what I did and the combination of SH and backpack worked great. The backpack will allow you to take heavier items (like a camcorder, camera, etc.) without it weighing on one shoulder.

Have a great trip!! :)

Melissa

lmariana
07-28-2004, 10:20 PM
I just checked the forecast, and there's a chance of rain on both days. Hmmm, maybe that Mothership would be good.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

Chelsey333
07-28-2004, 10:23 PM
I think the Skip Hop, the Escape Pod, and maybe keep the Mothership loaded at the hotel. I have a question for you, whereas you have already been to Disney. Do you and your dh both go on the rides and you leave the diaperbag in the stroller? Or does one of you always stay with the stroller and diaperbag? I haven't been to Disney w/my ds yet and plan to go in Feb. I get nervous that someone is going to steal my stroller and/or diaperbag.

khakismom
07-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately in Florida in the summer, it rains almost every day. :(

Hope you have a blast anyway!

ginamlee
08-02-2004, 06:04 PM
We were at Disney World from July 24-31. I couldn't have survived without my Lands End Do It All Deluxe. The thing is 7 years old, HUGE and was stuffed to the gills. :)