PDA

View Full Version : Found Red and Chartreuse Kecci's at my Right Start!!!!

robmab719
07-29-2004, 07:21 PM
On a whim, I decided to swing by the Right Start, since I was in the neighborhood. As soon as I walked through the door, I saw them: a shelf full of Kecci's staring me right in the face. All in red and chartreuse!!

I've been holding out for a red one and, while the co-op price is better than the $59.99 price at Right Start, I couldn't resist. I snagged one. :)

I have to say that, even at $65 (which is what I paid with tax), this bag is a great buy! The fabric is beautiful-- a deep true red, with contrasting piping and lining in a lime green. Seeing it online,
I thought the lime might be a little too bright, but IRL, I think it's perfect.

This bag is a really nice size. A bit taller than the Mothership, but less wide and less deep. I like the size of this better than the PPB boxy backpacks...this feels much more like a purse and less like a suitcase.

I also really like the fact that the pockets on the inside are varying widths and depths. The small pocket on the front inside will be perfect for my cell phone and keys, while the two pockets on the back will be great for diapers and wipes.

Small complaints: it's a little heavier than the Mothership, even before it's packed. It's not unbearable. I think I've just been spoiled because the MS is so ultra-light.

Also, the changing pad is kind of small and, yet, bulky. I wish there were a separate compartment for it. I like my changing pad to match my bag, so I will probably still use this, but it's going to be taking up valuable real estate inside! :)

All in all, I'm really glad I got this bag. Sure, it would've been great to get it for $37 in the co-op, but like I said before, this bag is a STEAL even at $60.

The chartreuse was very pretty too. It was a darker shade than I expected. Closer to a sage green. If I could've justified two more bags, I would've gotten it, too.

If anyone is interested in a red or chartreuse Kecci, email me (robmab @ yahoo.com with no spaces). I can go back this weekend and get more if anyone wants one! (Price would be $65 plus shipping from Texas.)

priscilla73
07-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey Robyn, You're so lucky! Can you post pics when you get a chance? My dh would freak if I bought another bag. I just went of a major Fleurville buying spree. The Kecci would be hard to sneak into the line up.

We are so deprived here in No. CA. No Right Start stores.
Priscilla

robmab719
07-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Ask and you shall receive...

In these pics, it is packed with:

3 size 3 diapers
1 Huggies wipes container
1 tube of A&D ointment
1 change of clothes (pants and tank top)
1 hat
1 burp cloth
1 receiving blanket (thin flannel kind)
1 toy and 1 soft book
1 Avent bottle
1 bottle of sunscreen
1 ziploc bag for dirties
Changing pad

Also, in back outside pocket, there are two disposable bibs and a packet of Wet Ones

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9913.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9914.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9915.jpg

These pics really do not do the fabric justice. It is so much richer and more detailed IRL.

Truska
07-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Okay, that is beautiful! I want one! Robyn, I'm going to email you!

I love how red the red is...it doesn't look like an orange-red, more of a blue-red, is that correct?

Thanks for posting those so quickly!

robmab719
07-29-2004, 10:45 PM
It's not orange-red at all. I'd say it's kind of a "candy apple" red. In fact, the light here in our study makes it look almost burgundy. I think the sheen of the brocade fabric kind of makes it change colors depending on the light. (Or maybe I've just been awake too long and I'm hallucinating!)

The chartreuse is really nice, too. Like I said earlier, it's almost a sage shade. It would be great for fall. If I weren't such a fan of red, I'd probably have gotten the green instead. (Hey, that rhymed!)

twofallbabies
07-30-2004, 12:20 AM
The changing pad fits perfectly in the outside backpack strap pocket, why don't you keep it in there?

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

pixelprincess
07-30-2004, 01:31 AM
Priscilla, not sure where you are in Nor. Cali, but there is a Right Start in Walnut Creek. I have to go return an indigo mothership so can check on Kecci's. Been wanting one myself!

love the RED!

priscilla73
07-30-2004, 03:28 AM
Pixelprincess

There's one in Walnut Creek? I'm in Fairfield. Ooh, that's like an hour away! I have a 15 % coupon that exp. on 7/31 that they sent me w/ my Mothership. Can you let me know if they have the red in Walnut Creek? I want one. (Why did I ask for pictures?!!!?) Robyn, it's beautiful! I have to have it!

Priscilla

robmab719
07-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Why didn't I think of that? I just tried it, and it does fit perfectly. Thank you, Jessica!

supercalifragilous
07-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Ooooh!! That's such a B-E-A-utiful ruby red!

That clinches it! DH might divorce me over this but it's worth it -- I'm getting one as soon as I hear from Tracy!

My favorite color is blue but for some reason as I get older, I'm really attracted to red... Long ago I lusted after the PPB Sunset Dragon roll (ended up getting a blue one instead) but this red Kecci will do just fine AND it doesn't have the black hole effect since it has green interior!

Thanks for the pics!

twofallbabies
07-30-2004, 04:36 PM
LOL, no problem!

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

Melanie
07-30-2004, 07:50 PM
That read is so beautiful! I paid similiar for my beige one, and like you, I still think it's a great price.