PDA

View Full Version : Q? for those who regularly use 2+ bags...

twofallbabies
07-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Do you girls keep your bags pretty much packed with the essentials, diapes, wipes, ch pad, change of clothes, etc, and then just throw in wallet, keys, snacks, sippies, etc when you're getting ready to leave? I've been using my LE LT for over a year as my everyday, but now am wanting an updated LT, a SkipHop (bought one and returned it b/c of black hole syndrome, and now want one back in a lighter color), a LE small tote, and also have an A7 knockoff that I'm debating on keeping or selling. My Lil Tripper always has 3 diapers, a pack of wipes, a changing pad, a binky and at least 1 change of clothes. Oh, and a few goldfish or cheerios floating around in there as well! So now as I'm adding more bags that I'll want to use regularly, I'm wondering if I should keep them all packed on my shelf (on display, lol!), or not. What does everyone else do?

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

robmab719
07-30-2004, 05:24 PM
I keep three bags packed at all times. One for my car (Skip Hop), one for DH's car (LE Backpack) and one that goes with me wherever (currently Mothership, but will probably become Kecci now). In all of them, I keep diapers, wipes, disposable bibs, burp cloths, change of clothes, ziploc or dirty bag, diaper rash ointment and a hat. The Mothership has a couple of "extras" in it, like toys, books, sunscreen, baby sunglasses, because it's the one I usually take inside with me.

Then I just grab a bottle and a toy or two before we leave the house and transfer my mommy stuff (wristbag, cellphone, sunglasses and keys) from my purse to the "diaper bag du jour."

Last night, when I brought home the Kecci, it only took me about 30 seconds to transfer everything from the Mothership into the Kecci. So it's pretty easy to make the switch when you need to. I'm starting to think I may actually start switching diaper bags to match my outfits like I switch out my purses! :)

marnay
07-30-2004, 05:32 PM
I keep my Skip Hop in the car packed with basics at all times. I use it as a stroller bag only, I don't carry it around. For me I get a special thrill of changing all of the items from one bag and packing them into another. Right now my main bag is a beige Kecci, I like to change bags often though. I don't really change depending on what I am wearing or anything, just my mood.

I just love unpacking one bag and packing up another one, it is even better if the bag I am packing is a new one! :)

Naydene

murpheyblue
07-30-2004, 06:22 PM
All my bags are stocked with a changing pad, a diaper and wipes. The rest of it I move with each bag.

Chelsey333
07-30-2004, 06:26 PM
I usually keep one bag always packed and the others hanging in the baby's closet. However, there is usually one other bag that is usually half packed bec I was too lazy to empty it out completely. I don't really have a system, it is just whatever is convenient.

supercalifragilous
07-30-2004, 07:02 PM
I seem to be the opposite of everyone else -

Now that I have my fake Escape Pod (Wal-Mart cosmetic bag with the zippers right side up), I make sure that's the one thing I always keep stocked and that transfers from bag to bag. So now I don't really care how many interior pockets it has. I also have a mommy clutch that has my wallet, lip balm, Sephora mini hair brush & mirror, ponytail band that transfers from bag to bag. I use my bags as a "purse" so when I don't need the bulk I just take out the diaper pod.

I usually pack snacks & fresh sippy right before I leave the house anyway so that gets packed on a need basis.

Everything else I pretty much keep in the car, like toys and the Tiny Diner in case we go out to eat.

kfcboston
07-30-2004, 09:00 PM
I have the same approach as Ali, and it has worked fine for me. Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to have the both packed and ready at all times, but I just haven't gotten around to it! Maybe that answers my own question...... :)