PDA

View Full Version : POLL : If you could only have ONE bag...

twofallbabies
07-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Either from your current STASH, or not, what would you want it to be? Tell us what the bag is, and if you currently own it, or are lusting after it! :)

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

jk3
07-30-2004, 05:32 PM
At the moment, I'm loving my Skip Hop. It fits everything I need + it's such a versatile bag. Earlier on, it would've been my PP Boxy Backpack.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Emmas Mom
07-30-2004, 05:40 PM
My LE Little Tripper (the updated one). :)

newmomto1
07-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Augh!
I wish I had an answer for this because that would mean I have one bag right now that's totally working for me!!!
If I HAD to choose, from what I have now...I would say my Lands End Diaper Backpack (last year's style)...only because it's big enough to fit all I need (I usually take 3 Avent bottles with me in addition to everything else)..& there's usually room to spare. Plus, really nice organization. I like everything about this bag..I just don't like the way backpack-style bags hang on the back of my P3 becase I feel like the canopy is being crushed when the seat is reclined :-(

robmab719
07-30-2004, 06:01 PM
I think this answer changes for everyone as their child gets bigger and needs less stuff. For me, I would say the Mothership is the ONE bag I can't live without. I can see a day, though, when this bag will be too big for our needs and I will prefer something smaller.

Chelsey333
07-30-2004, 06:29 PM
I would say my new Alpha 7. The novelty hasn't worn off yet and I am still loving it.

jasabo
07-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Alpha 7, definitely. I haven't found a bag yet that serves so many purposes, or that I've been so happy with.

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

supercalifragilous
07-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Right now I'm loving my newest bag - my Kecci.

I haven't seen the Alpha 7 IRL and I purposely stay out of those threads to help me resist temptation for yet another diaper bag, but I suspect the very thing I love about the kecci (the tuck-away backpack straps) is what I'd love about the Alpha 7 too. I love that it's waterproof inside and it's nice and roomy. And I love the fabric!!

I haven't received my WW backpack yet but I suspect when it comes, that will be my new favorite! :)

bubbaray
07-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Hmm, I would have to say my Skip Hop in red canvas. It just works great on my strollers, I can carry it if I want, has great organization, plus its indestructible (a huge plus for me!).

Melissa

ktdid74
07-31-2004, 09:18 AM
I would have to say my Mothership right now. Even though my youngest is 16 months and we don't have to pack a ton of stuff, it's still so useful. Great for daytrips, daycare, keeping stocked in the car when I use my LT, etc. I have the pink stripe and still love it. I am coveting the new red MS but really think I need to read more about the A7- looks like a nice size!

twofallbabies
07-31-2004, 11:55 PM
PLEASE tell me how to NOT pack a ton of stuff for my 21 month old!!! I test packed my A7 knockoff today, and it was just crammed. I mean, the top flap could just barely get velcroed shut! Sure, I carry less now than I did when he was a newborn, but it still seems like too much! I saw the LE small tote and LOVED it, and thought it would MAKE me pack less, but didn't buy it because I hated the short short straps. Couldn't even carry it over my shoulder, ugh!

Make me pack lighter!

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Smiles81
08-01-2004, 12:37 AM
I also was an extremely heavy packer. Here's what I did to stop. I got a timbuk2 peewee bag which was a little smaller than I expected, but I really liked it. I liked the durabilty, aesthetics, straps, and mommy section in front, so I wanted to use it. So in the beginning I overpacked and then each night I went through what I used and what I didn't. For example, I used to pack 2 changes of clothes for a 4-5 hour outing, and I barely used one so that went. etc. I pack less diapers, less accessories, yes baby socks and undershirts are little but they add up so now I take just what I need. I'm getting better but still overpack on longer outingsHTH
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

ktdid74
08-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi Jessica- what do you pack in the A7? I usually pack 2-3 size 4 dipes, pack of wipes, 1-2 little books, and snack (all in the main compartment of my LT) and then my cell phone, wrist bag, other little things in the front zip compartment. I put a take and toss cup and mini juice in the bottle pocket on the side. This is just in the little tripper though. In the MS I can pack TONS of stuff- extra outfit, sunscreens, etc. I use the MS mainly for daycare right now but would love to check out an A7.
I have a T2 peewee that I originally bought to use as a diaper bag but use it for work now. I love it!! I think we all have our comfort level of packing- I probably fall in the underpacked/underprepared category :)

sarasmom
08-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I really like my Skip Hop. It is the perfect size for us right now. And I love the organization. I have the bubble gum pink and it does get dirty. So I was thinking "What if the made some out of the Alph7 materials?" or maybe something in a pattern?
SARA'S MOM

twofallbabies
08-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Ok, I went to Home Depot today with just my younger DS...allllll I was going to buy was a bottle of spray paint. After that, on a whim, and b/c older DS was with Grandma, we got Lucas's hair cut too. Took the LT, and here's what I had in it:

3 size 4 dipes
Wipes pack
Purell
Balmex
1 clean outfit for Lucas
2 disp bibs*
2 disp ch pads*
My wallet
Digicam (goes everywhere with me, I need to buy a smaller/lighter one!)
2 binkies
Sip Cup
My small notebook, and my bundle of brochures, fliers and other candle stuff that I alsways forget about, but carry everywhere anyway.

* These only came b/c they were in the bag already, not because I thought I'd need them on our short trip!

I didn't need to bring the bag at all, really, but it's become like another limb to me, so I bring it wherever. I do keep extras of everything in a rubbermaid bin in my trunk (also known as the Snack Box).

The newer LT looks like it might be a bit smaller, so maybe that would help me out. The LE small tote would have been GREAT for me, but the straps were WAAAyyy too short for me.

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

twofallbabies
08-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Ok, here's what I had in the A7. I packed it for what we'd planned to do that day, but didn't actually use it. I'm still on the fence about keeping it, but if I do decide to sell, I want to be honestly able to say "New With Tags". Packing it doesn't mean used, right? ;)

4 size 4 dipes
Huggies wipes
Purell
Balmex
2disp ch pads
2disp bibs
2 clean 1pc outfits for Lucas
Sip cup for Lucas
Straw bottle for Dillon
Snack trap for Lucas
TnT bowl for Dillon
Wallet, cellphone, digicam
2 Disney store toy cellphones
2 binkies
My water bottle in outside pocket

I do keep emergency stuff in my car, a good dozen diapers, full box of wipes, change of clothes for both boys, TnT cups and bowls, bibs and ch pads. I pack like I'm never coming home again, though, and I haven't yet found a bag that will either A: contain everything I (for whatever reason) feel like I need to bring and organize it WELL, or B: Force me to downsize because I just love the bag and want to be able to use it.

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

saschalicks
08-01-2004, 05:55 PM
OK I love my Skip*Hop, but if I could only have one bag I'd get the MS. I am lusting after one and am impatiently awaiting the materials before getting one. It also gives me time to save for one.

I do agree with people that say it is a little annoying having to take the strap off of the Skip*Hop to put on my stroller, but overall it has surved our needs very well until the MS comes.

ktdid74
08-01-2004, 07:29 PM
You are one prepared mama :) I usually only pack an extra outfit if we're going out for longer than the morning. I keep a bag of Goldfish in the car so that covers the snack. I do throw in a small juice box for DS, forgot that. Maybe you can keep outfits, etc in the car and then you'll have more room in the bag. But, like I said, I'm more underprepared than some mom's would be comfortable with. Sounds like you *need* a Mothership. It really is an awesome bag- I just wish I had bought it sooner!

priscilla73
08-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Alpha 7, because of it's so versatile. It can hold quite a bit without being bulky.

Chelsey333
08-02-2004, 08:29 AM
I pack like you do, except you have way more supplies in the car. Maybe you can cut some of your supplies in half whereas you have supplies in your car. Carry only 2 diapers, 1 disp. changing pad, etc. But I have a hard time cutting back on supplies in the bag too! I love my Alpha and use it for a nb and 2 year old. I do find that I stuff it to the top also.