PDA

View Full Version : 2+ kids: When you go away for the weekend, how do you pack?

Chelsey333
07-31-2004, 10:10 AM
Do you pack a bag for each child? One big bag for everyone? We are going away and I feel like I have packed a million little bags. I tend to be a heavy packer. Just curious if there is a more organized way to do this. I packed the Mothership for my newborn, another large tote for my 2 year old. Then I still have my Alpha 7 as the diaper bag. Then I still have to pack toys, the pack and play, and clothes for dh and me. All for 2 days?

Truska
07-31-2004, 10:25 AM
We were away last weekend, so this is still fresh in my mind! What I did was pack a bag for the girls (they shared one for clothes, toilettries and diapers (for my youngest), oh, and sleep stuff!) and then a seperately one for my Dh and I. So, I had two large duffle bags then. I also brought my Alpha to use as the diaper bag while we were gone, and wished I would've brought something bigger, but that was my fault. I also had a couple of other bags, and found those to be a pain. We were with two other couples, and one of them has 3 girls, ages 4.5-9 months, and she had luggage...and I wished we would've had that! It totally would've eliminated the extra little bags for me. Next time, I'll do that, and bring one large diaper bag (and maybe keep a smaller one in the car, just in case). Ah, hindsight! :)

khakismom
07-31-2004, 11:59 PM
Each girl has a duffle bag from LLBean with their initials monogrammed on it and we pack them both with their clothes and supplies. If it's a short trip, I guess you could only pack one bag. But normally we pack them both. Then I take the dipe bag. If I am traveling by plane, I use my backpack, the BabyTrend ActivPak. If it's by car, then it's the Mothership. And the dipe bag is filled with the usual stuff, just in higher quantities--5 dipes instead of 2, extra wipes, etc. Kathleen also has her own backpack and she carries her toys (Barbie, pony, baby, pad and pencils) in her own bag. Gotta love it when they're old enough to haul their own stuff. :)

caleymama
08-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Maureen -

I was just wondering what size LLBean duffel bag your girls have? I have this on DD's birthday list but I have been undecided about which size to get her. Thanks!

khakismom
08-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi Liz! I have the adventure duffle for the girls (actually DH and I have one too!). I *think* we all have the medium size (which are $40).

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=33458&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4522&cat4=2915&shop_method=pp&feat=dp50

These are awesome bags!

caleymama
08-02-2004, 06:34 PM
That's the one I was looking at - I was between the medium and the large, but leaning towards the medium. Thanks so much for replying and I'm glad to hear the bags are as great as I was hoping they are.