PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Size Diape Bag - around $50???

bnme
08-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi all
Just wondering if anyone has a reccomendation for a mid-size diaper bag around $50. I am expecting #2 any day now and I currently use the LE LT (new version) for just about everything. This will not accomodate a baby and a toddler for sure!! But everything else I see out there seems HUGE!

Here are some things that I'd LIKE it to have, but I know at the price I can't be too picky!

*Adjustable shoulder straps - or at least long enough to hang from stroller
*side pockets for bottle/cup - mesh is fine
*some sort of internal organization - though not picky on a particular setup
*some sort of outside pocket for Moms stuff (like LT would be ideal - but not nesc - I can always use a smaller bag tossed inside for me
*stands up by itself -*****this is actually pretty important to me**** Not sure why, but I find it really annoying if the bag is not self-standing
*Must have a full close zip-top -otherwise I'd be looking into one of the custom bags I always see posted here (WW or Ella)!!! Gosh, I'd lose everything w/o that!!

I don't like bags that are too big because I find that if I am on long outings it is more practical to pack an extra bag, plus I keep an emergency bag in my car. I also use an extra cooler bag if I am going to be out for longer than 2 hrs (my toddler is a huge milk drinker!).

Am I kidding myself with the price range?? BTW, I love some of the pricier bags, esp the Mothership, but I haven't been able to see IRL to judge size and decide if I want to splurge!

Help!

marnay
08-02-2004, 09:16 AM
The Kecci bag would fit your needs well. I think it is a medium size bag, boxy but not too bulky. Has the adjustible strap, two outside pockets, numerous inside pockets, a large zipper area along the back (I keep diapers in this, as well as the backpack straps). It is kinda floppy but does stand by itself. It has a zipper close top as well as a flap.

If you get one when the new colors are available it is cheap $37.00! Even full price it is less then $60.00.

Naydene

heatherlynn
08-02-2004, 09:26 AM
I was going to say Kecci also. I actually have one for sale. Bought it through the co-op and would sell for $37 + actual shipping. Don't want to make any money on it. I haven't used it (baby due next week). It's funny, but in a way I hope no one buys it. It's not really my style, but I've been thinking that may be a good thing. Spice up my image a little (I'm so boring!).

H-
Heather
dd Gabrielle 3/98
ds 8/04

bnme
08-02-2004, 09:48 AM
Can you post a link to pics of the bags? I just did a quick search on google and am only getting back packs and ebay stuff and not sure if thats what you guys are talking about. Sorry, being lazy....

heatherlynn
08-02-2004, 10:02 AM
kecci.com. Go to mommybags, then shanghai.

HTH!

H-
Heather
dd Gabrielle 3/98
ds 8/04

lmariana
08-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Donna, the Kecci is a great bag, and I'd highly recommend it! If you're really wanting a custom bag though, Ella-Bags does do zippers, not sure about WW.

Have fun picking out your new bag for your new little one!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040814/1/3/0/-5/.png[/img] (img)

jennifer13
08-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi Donna,

I'm in the same boat, using the LE LT, but looking for a mid-size bag. Just wanted to let you know that I did see the Mothership IRL and thought it was much too big for my everyday needs. Looks much bigger IRL than on-line. HTH.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03