PDA

View Full Version : Alpha 7 Fiesta stripe or blue chocolate????

cchavez
08-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Which do you prefer? Why? I have only seen the blue choc. IRL Does anyone have pics of either? TIA!

robmab719
08-02-2004, 07:33 PM
I think they're both very nice. The blue chocolate is more of a twill fabric, with a water-resistant coating on top, so it has kind of a sheen to it. (It's not at all shiny like the Mothership, though.)

The fiesta stripe is corduroy, so has a much more plush look. Supposedly, it has a water-resistant coating, too, but you'd never know it by looking at it. The colors in the fiesta stripe are very rich and look very fall-like to me. I don't think it would show dirt, and it looks like it would wear well.

As to which I'd prefer, I'd have to say the blue chocolate, but that's mostly because I just really love the light blue/brown color combination in general. I wear a lot of light blue and dark brown. I hardly ever wear green or rust, like the colors in the fiesta stripe.

annabellesmom
08-02-2004, 09:07 PM
I just love the Fiesta stripe. I think there isn't anything in my closet that I would wear for a new england fall or winter that wouldn't work with it. Of course I wear lots of earthy colored solids. I think that it different without being over the top. I've been trying to decide between an alpha and a mothership, if I go alpha it's fiesta for me :)

newmominaugust
08-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Where did you guys see the Fiesta Stripe bag? It's not on the Fleurville website and I can't find it anywhere. Sounds like a color I might like. I too am in New England and wear lots of fall type colors. :)

Thx

Zynnia
EDD #1 8/21/04
Anthony Joseph or Sofia Rose

http://lilypie.com/days/040821/4/25/0/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

robmab719
08-03-2004, 10:15 AM
I saw it in a local boutique, but PokkaDots has it in stock:

http://www.pokkadots.com/itemsDetail.cfm/item_num/FL-ALPHA7FE/pcid/69/cid/56

Chelsey333
08-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Before buying the Fiesta, you might want to ask Fleurville why they are not carrying it anymore. I wanted to purchase a black canvas one, but Fleurville told me they discontinued it bec there were problems with the fabric and the bags were not looking good after a while.

cchavez
08-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Great suggestion! I emailed them today....waiting on a response.

priscilla73
08-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Let us know what they say. Thanks

annabellesmom
08-05-2004, 10:51 PM
I'd love to know what they have to say too :)

baerX3
08-06-2004, 08:22 PM
I'd also like to know what they say, as I was just ready to purchase the Fiesta after seeing it and falling in love with it today at a boutique... now I am very intrigued. Please do post and let us know what you find out.

Thanks!!

annabellesmom
08-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Has anyone seen irl the fiesta stripe on the MS? What did you think? The more I think about it the less I think I can fit my stuff into an alpha :(

masetane
08-09-2004, 12:09 AM
I saw it at a store called Tra La La in Irvington, NY. Personally, Fiesta Stripe is not for me but if you like the fabric, it looks great on a mothership. If you search on th efleurville site you can find this stores info
Caroline
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

baerX3
08-09-2004, 08:03 PM
I emailed Fleurville asking why they were discontinuing the Fiesta Stripe pattern in the A7s... below is the reply I got. I am glad to see it's not because of a flaw or some other defect with the fabric. I bought mine today after getting this reply, can't wait until it arrives!!

"Thank you for your interest in Fleurville products.
We are discontinuing the Fiesta Stripe in the Alpha7 because it has been difficult to get that fabric as it is in limited supply. We only have a few left and when we sell those we will not have any more. There has not been a problem with the fabric itself.

David Reiss
Fleurville, Inc."

annabellesmom
08-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Thank you! Now I have to decide MS or alpha. Did you order direct from fleurville?