PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ diaper bag gift for cousin in Alaska...

wagner36
08-06-2004, 03:24 PM
So, my cousin and his wife, who live in Alaska, are expecting their first in a couple of weeks. I've already gone a little nuts with clothing, since they just don't have a ton of good stores up there, but now I'm thinking about getting them a cool diaper bag. She's a professor, and my cousin is a teacher who flies out to a remote area every week to teach children in little villages, consisting primarily of Alaskan Natives.

I'd like to get something that mainly the mom will use, but I'd like my cousin to be able to carry it without being mortified. I was thinking of a Loom, since those are interesting-looking without being too girly - does anyone have any other good suggestions? We love our Skip Hop, but we're also outside with it on the stroller quite a lot - and they are probably just not outside quite as often, especially in the winter...

Does anyone have any other good suggestions for diaper bags??

If any one is from Alaska, any other non-diaper bag suggestions are welcome!!! I just have no idea what is available!!!

tina-t
08-07-2004, 03:53 PM
How about the Timbuk2? I have the small size which I use for work and I know that some do use this as a diaper bag. It does not look like a diaper bag and can be used for something else afterwards. Can also be used by both men and women. Mariana just posted a review about her medium timbuk2.

I bought mine at www.sierratradingpost.com

Good Luck.