PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a BIG backpack style

Rhonda36
08-07-2004, 08:55 AM
After sadly realizing that my WW backpack isn't going to be big enough, I'm on another mission to find a big backpack that will be suitable for 2 kids in cloth diapers (think bulk). I'll post my WW bag to the swap list after I get back from vacation next week. Boo hoo :( It's the rare Paris toile print, in case you didn't see my earlier post.

I have the Mothership, which is great... but I think I want a backpack style too. Once #2 gets here, I won't be able to sling the MS on the stroller handle -- it's an e3 stroller, so I'll need to carry the bag.

So... PPB? Kecci? Any others I should consider? Can anyone compare the sizes of the PPB and Kecci to the MS?

Thanks, mamas!

Ami
08-07-2004, 09:17 AM
You should check out Baby Sherpa- it is big and has a built in cooler which is great for taking snacks for the older child. Their website is www.babysherpa.com It is ergonomically designed so is really comfy to carry. They were just featured in the June issue of Parenting for best outdoor gear. Also your DH will love carrying it to.

Hope this helps,

Ami

jasabo
08-07-2004, 12:08 PM
We used the Babybaks backpack with our twins for the first few months, and it worked great. It's very big, comfortable to carry, and has an outter bottle/sippy cup pocket on either side that can fit Avent bottles and sippy cups. I bought mine online for about $75. I still keep it in the car, fully stocked, for emergencies.

Baby Sherpa is also great. I saw one IRL at Right Start and was very impressed. They can be found online too, and run about $80 I think.

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

Buzymommy5
08-07-2004, 08:19 PM
i can compare the ppb to a marsupial whose interior is similar to the mothership. i can fit exactly the same things and probably more in my ppb than the loom. the one thing that the petunia's lack are pockets. the bag fits a lot in a different way than the marsupial and motherships. since it is a long bag, i have to stack things on top of each other which makes it a little harder to find things. i love the fabric, so this doesn't bother me, but if youre a big pocket fan, you might not be too pleased. i like the big open pocket in the front where the changer is because you can place all your diaper needs in there. i put my wipes case, 4 sm 1-2 diapers, disposable pads and could probably fit more. the great thing is that the ppb's are light even when filled and because it is made with fabric and velcro, you can really stuff it. btw, although i don't use as a backpack, i've seen several girls with it on as one and it looks REALLY cute! ppb's are beautiful...even more so irl.

hope this helps!
chris