PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 Pic

Buzymommy5
08-07-2004, 09:06 PM
bought this one and another timbuk at sierra trading post three months ago and several people were curious or on the fence about this style and color ...now that i can take pictures, wanted to show because the price is unbeatable. i am surprised that it is still available at sierra trading post for those of you who missed the co-op and are looking for a deal. the price $49, less than what the co-op's graphic bags were. i love my timbuks...they're much nicer irl!

chris

Twin Mom
08-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the picture. I was one of the people who was considering that bag, but I ended up ordering a pee wee during the co-op. It looks really nice. Maybe I'll get one too although my DH will kill me since I ordered the pee wee and a metro and already had the short cut.

Phoebe
08-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the pictures. I'm now intrigued by these bags with the recent posts. I think I may get a small messenger from STP. Just out of curiosity, what was the price of a small during the coop?

The only downside of ordering one from STP is that I couldn't add on any features, like the grab strap, center divider or the strap pad. Or, maybe those features aren't that big of a deal. Since you've used the bag, do you think any of those add-ons are a big deal?
thanks!

Phoebe,
Susan 4/01
David 6/03

marnay
08-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Hmmm.... I can't see the picture. I would love to see it, can you post it again as a jpg and see if that works?

Thanks!

Naydene

Buzymommy5
08-08-2004, 03:36 PM
i honestly don't see a purpose for the grab strap since it is small and you probably wouldn't hold this type of bag like that anyways, so it's not important. you can order the strap pad from gear guys but i purchased one and i put it away as soon as i got it. that thing is thick, big, and doesn't flex. the straps are very comfortable as is and i use it all the time on my shoulders if not on my stroller.

as far as the center divider...i'm sure it's nice to have, but their bags are so compartmentalized to begin with. The main compartment, which has one zippered pocket and two smaller pockets and three pen holders, is very roomy and molds to whatever you put in it. I can fit a bottle, powder dispenser, bottled water, extra clothes, burp cloth, bag dispenser, 4 diapers, and diaper wipes and probably more.

it is then separated by a large front pocket that zippers almost along the whole front of bag. (this, to me, works as a divider and I use it for mommy things) this large pocket also has two additional pockets that you can use to hold a small phone and palm pilot. I can fit my large wallet, checkbook, cosmetic bag, and key purse with room for more. also, under the flap are two more pockets! this is a well organized un-diaper bag!

hope this helps!
chris

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050614/3/12/2/-10 (http://lilypie.com)

Momof3Labs
08-08-2004, 05:22 PM
I have a small T2 from STP, so no add-ons, and I don't miss them at all!

momathome
08-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Do these bags have a bottle or sippy cup holder? I am intrigued by these bags myself and saw some really cute ones on Sierra Trading Post.

Melanie
08-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I just love it! I loved all the graphic messengers...but for me I know I "need" the center divider.

Are you enjoying it?

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

Buzymommy5
08-09-2004, 12:06 AM
no..they don't have bottle holders, but i can place a bottle upright and have no problems as long as things are packed around it. chris

pixelprincess
08-09-2004, 12:29 AM
chris, lovely bag. i like the graphic look...might have to get one.

can you pls post a picture with gear in it? also was it $49 plus shipping?

thanks.

Phoebe
08-09-2004, 02:13 AM
Thanks Chris and Lori for answering my questions on the add-ons. That helps me make a decision.

Now, did I see an earlier post mention a code for free shipping from STP? I did a search, but couldn't find it.

And Lori I have to say we must think alike. I saw in another post that you made mention of not over packing the diaper bag. I'm amazed at the amount some have said they pack. I do what you do; have plenty of back-up in the car. Rarely are we ever *that* far from either car or home!

Phoebe,
Susan 4/01
David 6/03

Buzymommy5
08-09-2004, 05:43 AM
hi...i really like their graphic bags, too! gives them a funky edge :) i especially love my san francisco messenger. that one is special because i'm originally from califirnia & when i was young, on the weekends my parents loved to take me and my sister to fishermans wharf and chinatown.

the price didn't include shipping but to hawaii it was only $10 for both bags...a lot less than the $25 plus that timbuk2 was asking from their website.

will post pics for you tomorrow...btw, could you tell me how you downloaded your baby ticker? i'm doing something wrong with mine:/

chris

jasmine
08-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi,

Sierra trading post is one of my favorite online stores. They have great customer service. They also always have a free shipping promotion. What they do is put a "riddle" into one of their descriptions in their catalog and if you answer it correctly in the "comments" section when ordering online, they credit you the shipping back. I can usually find the riddle and answer at www.fatwallet.com

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=243140&highlight_key=y&keyword1=sierra%20trading%20post

HTH,

Monica