PDA

View Full Version : Whimsical Wears Co-op Information

pritchettzoo
08-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Okay, first some "ground rules." Let's try to treat this more like the Kettler co-op and NOT bombard Kim with emails. She's already gotten a ton of emails about the potential co-op, and we don't want her to regret agreeing to do another one! Please try to research your question here first. I have set up a yahoo group to handle the bulk of questions. Kim will be responding to questions there, not here on the boards (to avoid impropriety and clogging up the forum!). Please include your BBB id in your request to join (in the "please tell us about why..." area).
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBBWWcoop/

For the record, I approached Kim about doing this co-op and had to twist her arm to do another one. She did not approach me.

4-6 week turnaround from the time payment is made.

Shipping is included in all of the prices!

BAGS
Diaper Tote Bag $25
Central Park Toile Diaper Bag $40
Elizabeth Diaper Bag $40
Katie Bucket Tote $40
Signature Diaper Bag $45 (not pictured on site 16x13x5)
Three Peas Diaper Tote $50
Sundae Diaper Tote $35
Tall Sundae Diaper Tote $50
Quantum Diaper Tote $55
Windsor Diaper Tote $65
Backpack $65
Child-sized Backpack $50

Each of the bags comes standard with 5 or 6 pockets and a paci loop.

ADD ONS:
Nickel snap hook closure $4
Nickel swivel key clip $2
Nickel or brass strap hook $4
3 elastic pockets $5
All elastic pockets $8
Outside pocket on diaper bag $5
Add a flap to diaper bag $8 (comes with elasticized button and loop or velcro)
Outside pocket on backpack with longer flap (not available on Child's) $10
Single letter monogram $3
Single letter with scroll $3
Empire and diamond 3 initial monogram $4
Name monogram $5
Combined names (like Brinne Elizabeth) $7.50
Monogram name on each side $10

ADDITIONAL ITEMS:
Changing pad with flannel backing $10
Changing pat with matte white vinyl backing $15
Chenille bibs $10
Set of 2 burp cloths $10
Stroller blanket $45
Crib blanket $55
Checkbook cover $8
Small makeup case $8
Large makeup case $12.50

Nekkid baby towels are NOT included in this co-op.

FABRIC CHOICE
You may choose 2 fabrics totalling $20 or less per yard or 1 fabric up to $18 per yard.
Choose from any of the fabrics on www.whimsicalwears.com OR
www.quilthome.com (Amy Butler and Paris Flea Market fabrics)
www.equilter.com
www.thecottonshop.net
www.thefabricfinder.com
If you want a fabric from another site, there will be a $20 custom fabric charge.

Once your order is placed, you CANNOT change your fabric selections. Your order will be reviewed by Kim, and if she believes your fabrics will not match, she will contact you and offer suggestions (this is the exception to the rule!).

Ordering begins August 23 and runs through September 30. If you want to order Christmas or holiday presents, this will be your co-op opportunity.

Anna

ETA: I am not getting any reimbursement or commission or whatever for hosting this.

Truska
08-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Yay! I've been waiting for this! Thank you Anna for setting this up (and twisting Kim's arm ;-) ), and thank you Kim for agreeing to do this...I can only imagine how bombarded you must get!

Thank you!

mlewis
08-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks to Anna for setting it up and to Kim for agreeing to do it!

annasmom
08-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Anna, thanks for setting this up. I signed up for the yahoo group, and hopefully I did it right (I have never done that before). By the way, I love your name.

Eileen

Anna 8/31/03
EDD 2/12/05

papal
08-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks Anna! You rock!! Girlies, do start posting fabric selections.. i am always interested in seeing what other people are going to get!

stillplayswithbarbies
08-09-2004, 01:52 PM
yes, let's post the fabric selections here rather than the Yahoo group!

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

pritchettzoo
08-09-2004, 01:54 PM
That's great! I just wanted to keep the money and specific ordering talk off the boards, KWIM?

Anna

TaChapm
08-09-2004, 03:40 PM
OH! I have been wanting a WW bag soooooo bad but things have been so tight around here since I just started selling MK and purchased a huge inventory. DH won't let me put another thing on the credit card. I need to get busy selling so I can get a bag in this co-op. Any word about the raffles. I am ready to know! Thanks for getting this together and thank you to Kim for doing this for us!!! :)
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

Little Ladybug
08-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Woo Hoo for Kim! I just placed my order. I am super-duper boring, but I got the Katie bucket in black toile with black gingham on the bottom, red interior, red ribbon trim, and a red empire monogram. I may actually use it as a purse instead of a diaper bag!

younhiekim
08-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Thank you, Anna and Kim!!!!!

parkersmama
08-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Anna, any word on whether the new purses Kim is coming out with might be included in this co-op? I'm really hoping to order one to match my new bag but will probably order one either way. Just wishing. :)

Thanks, Kim, for the co-op opportunity!

Dscvrlifewith3
08-10-2004, 12:26 AM
I might. :)

There will probably be a few products added before the 23rd.

Take care!

lmladuke
08-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Yea!!! I just sent Kim an email yesterday inquiring about a tote and a possible co-op. I also was thinking last night that when I did order a tote I would ask Kim if she could do a pocket on the outside. I am definately in for this one! I have a feeling I am also going to do "boring" black toile like another poster.

I am so excited!!!!

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

VickiH
08-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Thanks so much Anna! This is great. I chickened out on the last one, 'cause I just couldn't make up my mind on the fabrics, and I've been regretting it so much.

Saartje
08-11-2004, 10:34 PM
>Choose from any of the fabrics on www.whimsicalwears.com OR
>www.quilthome.com (Amy Butler and Paris Flea Market
>fabrics)
>www.equilter.com
>www.thecottonshop.net
>www.thefabricfinder.com
>If you want a fabric from another site, there will be a $20
>custom fabric charge.

Am I understanding correctly, that you can choose fabrics from any of those sites without the extra $20 charge? Or are those other than the fabrics listed on the actual WW site just suggestions for what's available?

Dscvrlifewith3
08-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Yes, you can choose fabrics from any of those sites without the extra $20 charge. If you pick from a site that is not listed above there is a $20 custom fabric charge.

Also to participate in the coop, you must have a Baby Bargains ID. The order form was uploaded to a file by the coop host to the yahoo group and there is a place for your ID to go. There are more details about fabrics etc on the yahoogroup for the coop, to keep those postings to a minimum here.

edited: clearer explanation

sueprinter
08-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Can Someone elaborate more about the new purse options? Thanks

AdoptChina
08-12-2004, 06:22 PM
WOOHOO !!!
I had to pass last time b/c I had just ordered an ISM bag. Anyone have any recommendations on a cool fall bag (fabrics)? I like that ginger passion flower on Kims site

Susan

edited to add: I want something warm & rich, without too much white (messy kids lol). I don't want anything babyish as this is a bag I will use as a diaper bag/purse combo.....so throw any suggestions my way!

staceywj
08-16-2004, 05:02 PM
I was able to download the order form but I am not sure where to send it on Aug. 23rd when completed. Also, how do I pay via paypal?
TIA
Stacey

pritchettzoo
08-16-2004, 10:50 PM
All of that information can be found in the yahoo group! :)

Anna

c2lane
08-17-2004, 06:27 PM
How long does it take to get approved for the Yahoo BBB group board? I'd like to order a Katie Bucket for fall.

Thanks!

~Carrie
Dillan Rose 01/02/04
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050102/2/16/0/-8/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif b/f 7+ months & going strong

Dscvrlifewith3
08-17-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure, I guess when you sign up to join and Anna approves it. I am not a moderator so I do not control that.

How is your baby?

pixelprincess
08-17-2004, 11:40 PM
me too. waiting for approval to the yahoo group!

thanks.

downwarddog
09-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Anna,
I signed up through Yahoo last week but haven't heard anything & am not sure I did it right. Is my BB ID my listed name (I couldn't find any number associated with my profile)? If not, could someone tell me what I did wrong so I can sign up properly? My baby's due in less than 3 weeks, so I'd like to get this order out before then. Thanks! This coop sounds wonderful & I love the bags!

~Lenore
Due 9/20 in NH

laurajaney
09-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Lenore,

It looks like your BBB ID is "downwarddog".

Good luck with your baby & enjoy your WW bag.

pritchettzoo
09-01-2004, 04:20 PM
There aren't any pending members to the group, so I don't know what to tell you. There are over 100 yahoo IDs and I don't know what yours is to check the approved list. Try checking on if you were approved and just missed the email. If you weren't approved, something happened when you requested to join, so try that again. I check the group once a day at least, so if you join again and don't get approved, PM me your email address and I can invite you.

HTH!
Anna

downwarddog
09-21-2004, 01:19 PM
For anyone already with a WW bag, do you have elastic pockets or plain pockets? Or both? I can't decide which is best, this is going to be my first diaper bag!

Thanks for any tried & true advice!
~Lenore
Was due 9/20 in NH

aguinn
09-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Anna, I'm waiting to be approved so that I can join the coop before the deadline. Kim had mentioned that they had shut down and were preparing for Ivan to hit - is she back in business or ???

tia,
;)amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Weaned @ 13 months

pritchettzoo
09-22-2004, 12:42 AM
She's working on cleaning up after the storm, but she and her family are safe. The co-op is still on!

And you should be approved by now. :)

Anna

aguinn
09-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Thanks, Anna! I just PM'ed you about the order form.

;)amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Weaned @ 13 months

stillplayswithbarbies
09-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I got the elastic pockets. I think it really helps hold things in. On some of the bags, I guess the elastic pockets sort of pull the bag out of shape if you don't have enough stiffening, but that is not an issue in the Windsor that I have.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

rfeibelm
09-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Is there anyplace to see the interiors of the different bags? And what is the difference between the different diaper totes? I really love the fabrics, but don't knwo how to choose between the different bag designs.

Thanks,

AbbieF
09-24-2004, 08:40 AM
If you go to Kim's website www.whimsicalwears.com you can see the different bags and on some she has additional pictures that show the interior. Also, on the coop board on yahoo there are a few photos and if you do a search here many people have posted pixs of their bags. Hope that helps a little. I know how confusing it can be since I was in the same situation. I finally took out one of my favorite bags and measured it, so I could get something similar.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

downwarddog
09-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks, Karen --
They sound like a good idea to me, I just didn't know if there was a plus to having some non-elastic.
Can't wait for my new bag:-) Just need to finalize the fabrics... why does this have to take me so long????

~Lenore
Was due 9/20 in NH... now just waiting:-)