PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk strap length? WW bags

rrosen
08-10-2004, 09:04 AM
I have no idea how to decide on what strap length I want. So, I am looking to you all to guide me! I am leaning towards the three peas bag, it looks like the size I need. I usually hang my bag from my stroller and don't like it to hang too low (I am usually using my P3) but, I am thinking I will use the clips to do that anyway so, I don't think this should impact my choice. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I am really clueless. I am 5'7" if that helps.

OK, so bring on the suggestions and education.

Thanks!

papal
08-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Where do you like the bag to hit you when you wear it? I prefer something that hits above the hips for example but some people like it hitting at the waist. Do you have a bag with an adjustable strap that you can adjust and see what height you are most comfortable with. It helps if you have your baby in the hip-carry to emulate real life situations! Once you figure that out.. say 24 inches (measuring from your shoulder down).. then subtract the height of the bag, say 12 inches.. that gives you 12 inches. This is where the top edge of your bag will be. Since the strap goes on both sides of your shoulder, double this number to figure 24 inches!
There might be some less technical way to do this but i don't know what it is!!

rrosen
08-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Your answer makes perfect sense to me but, since it involves math, I will need a cup of coffee before I can figure it out.

papal
08-10-2004, 09:47 AM
So i see you are taking the WW plunge... what made you change your mind Rebecca? hint hint. wink wink.
<bursting>

rrosen
08-10-2004, 09:54 AM
The coop of course!

papal
08-10-2004, 09:55 AM
rrrrrrrrrright. :)

kthomp
08-10-2004, 10:22 AM
You two! :-)