PDA

View Full Version : Attention Timbuk 2 users...what colors did you pick?

jerseygirl07067
08-10-2004, 10:17 PM
We will be taking our first plane ride in 8 weeks. I'm thinking of buying either a small or medium T2, but am so darn indecisive. That site is so cool, I have played around quite a bit with different color combos but can't come to a decision. Too many choices. Just wanted to get some ideas! Thanks!

Marcy

priscilla73
08-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Yes, that is a fun site. My shopping cart came to $147 for all that I picked (pink, pink and more pink!). And then I chickened out after I spent all that time creating it and convincing myself.

I'm so bummed that I missed the co-op! Can't we still order???? Wah! Boo hoo!!!

What I'd really like is this designer series limited edition one. But it's $100 and you can't add on anything.
Priscilla

Twin Mom
08-10-2004, 10:52 PM
There are good deals on some T2 bags on the Sierra Trading Post site that are even cheaper than the co-op. I think they are all graphic bags so they have patterns on them. You may have seen the post where someone mentioned it. I just got a 10% coupon for STP as well -use code 26135. It says that it is good on the Autumn 2004 catalog which the bags aren't in, but the code worked when I tried it. You can also get free shipping with a shipping riddle. Just look at www.fatwallet.com for the riddles and answers. Plus there is a percentage back on fatwallet as well.

I ordered the black/gray/silver which is kind of boring, but I'm using it for work, not as a diaper bag so I didn't want anything too wild. Plus like you Marcy, I'm not very decisive and I was afraid I might not like something more wild especially since you can't really see the custom bags on the site. If you just look on the T2 site, they do have a bunch of color combinations to look at in the pre-made bags so you can sort of get an idea of what some of the colors look like.

There are also a few pictures floating around on the board of T2 bags that people have so you may want to do a search and see what you can find. Mine was posted in a thread a few days ago with Mariana's red medium.

Good luck.

ET fix STP code - sorry folks.

priscilla73
08-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Can you use the 10% and the free shipping?

TIA

ktdid74
08-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi Marcy-
I custom did a navy/silver/navy small messenger a while back. I love my T2 and really want to order a solid red small messenger now. It's so much fun to add on the accessories, too. I would definitely recommend the padded shoulder strap. I got the one that has a rubber backing so it doesn't slip off my shoulder. Too much fun with these bags!!

marnay
08-10-2004, 11:10 PM
I posted pictures of my bags, I got a black/orange/black in the small messenger and a all pink in a Metro. I also got the middle divider for the small messenger and I love having it and would get it again. It gives me a great place for all my kids snacks!

I didn't get a shoulder strap and wished I had, so I bought one yesterday.

I really like these bags! They hold an amazing amount of stuff and still feel compact.

Naydene

Twin Mom
08-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Yes. You enter the 10% off code when it asks for a code and then in the comments section is where you put the free shipping riddle and answer. STP then sends you an email the next day saying the riddle was correct and they are crediting you shipping (hopefully!).

priscilla73
08-10-2004, 11:41 PM
I'm trying to do the 26315 code for the 10% right now and it's not working. I'm here checking the code again...

mbutler
08-11-2004, 12:04 AM
We did black/purple/black and we love it. The black tones it down, but the purple adds a spash of color.

jerseygirl07067
08-11-2004, 11:32 AM
How do you like the small? Do you think it will be big enough for a 4 hour plane ride, with all the travel, or is a medium the way to go? I am a pretty light packer, but for a trip I want to be prepared!

Marcy

ktdid74
08-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi Marcy- I would think that you could get away with the small for a 4 hour trip but it wouldn't hurt to have the medium. I always end up trying to cram more stuff into my bags on trips. That way you know you'll have enough room and won't have to stress about what you have to put in your checked bags and what can fit in the carry-on.

Twin Mom
08-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Sorry the STP code is 26135. I reversed the 3 and 1 by mistake. I will fix it in my other post as well.

priscilla73
08-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks Aileen. I ordered it anyways last night because even without the discount, it is still a great deal! I bought the Small PeeWee San Francisco Graphic since I live in the Bay Area....represent, represent! lol

I emailed them with the coupon code and they are sending me a check for $4.99. And they did credit me for answering the riddle, too. I am so impressed with Sierra Trading Post! They have awesome customer service!

Thanks again Aileen.