PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville or WW??? Can't decide...need help for a newbie

newmominaugust
08-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Ok. I feel like I need to get in on one of the co-ops going on. I can't decide if I should though. I'm either thinking of a Fleurville Brown cord. MS or a WW bag (probably with one of the fabrics that Rashmi has picked out. I love the cathedral one.)

Do I really need a bag as big as the MS with a newborn? I feel like I have stated this a few times but I have a kecci and a skip hop already. If I go with a WW then which should I go with? The Katie? or backpack?

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Or should I just save my $$, use what I have for now and hope that there is another co-op sometime in the near future when I can tell what size bag I will really need?? :(

TIA

Zynnia
EDD #1 8/21/04
Anthony Joseph or Sofia Rose

http://lilypie.com/days/040821/4/25/0/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

Little Ladybug
08-11-2004, 01:26 PM
OK, this is me being a bad influence, but since the Fleurville coop is such a great deal, you could get BOTH with the proceeds of your savings on the MS! :) (I know, it's supposed to be the baby BARGAINS board).

Seriously, when DS was an infant, I started out with just a WW-type tote, and it was fine. Now that he's bigger, I feel like he's more high maintenance, and I need a bigger bag (for toys, snacks, etc., in addition to the bottles, wipes, diapers, etc. that I carried with me when he was a newborn). However, I know that some people have the exact opposite experience, and feel like they carry less stuff as their child gets older.

I've probably just confused the issue for you even more - The good news is that you really can't go wrong with either choice!

robmab719
08-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Well, I can't believe I am saying this, but I think you should wait. You won't really know what you need until you start taking the baby out with you. You also won't know which style you like (backpack or tote) until you actually start maneuvering with a squimy baby in one arm.

I started with an ISM tote (similar to the WW Katie) and it just wasn't enough bag for me, plus I hated the two handles (one always kept falling off my shoulder) so I ended up going to a Mothership. But there are a lot of other ladies here who think the Mothership is WAY too big and would rather have the WW bag. Everyone's different.

Personally, if you have a Skip Hop and a Kecci, I think you're in great shape to start off. I could definitely have muddled through the first few months if I'd had those two bags right off the bat. The only reason I could see getting a Mothership is if you really want the wipeability factor. Both Kecci and Skip Hop (and WW, too) are a little harder to keep clean.

The Mothership is just a little bigger than the Kecci, so if you start packing up that one and find you need a bit more room, get the Mothership at that point. I know the co-op sounds like a great deal, but if you don't need the bag, it's an even better deal to just save the money! lol

newmominaugust
08-11-2004, 02:56 PM
I know the co-op
>sounds like a great deal, but if you don't need the bag, it's
>an even better deal to just save the money! lol

I was hoping there wouldn't be any rationale people replying but you are so right I think. Well, I'll wait until the last minute to see what I decide and to see if anyone else has any opinions. I appreciate your feedback. It makes a ton of sense. :) I think a part of me just wants to buy cute bags. But maybe I should save some money and use it towards new nursing shirts or something like that. At least that is still baby related.

Zynnia
EDD #1 8/21/04
Anthony Joseph or Sofia Rose

http://lilypie.com/days/040821/4/25/0/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

Dscvrlifewith3
08-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I think you should hold off. I think money is better spent on nursing shirts, etc until you know what you will need. For a long time I used a bag from the hospital, it was plenty big, until I decided what I needed and didn't need. I actually carried less when my baby was a newborn, and carried more when they were bigger. There will always be other coops, and join the baby bag swap, that way you maybe able to pick up a bag for a lot less if you decide you really want one!

Take care,
Kim

Little Ladybug
08-11-2004, 04:21 PM
I totally agree that you can't really know what will work best for you until the baby is here. I didn't even notice that you've already got a Skip Hop and a Kecci - That will be more than enough to "hold" you until you can determine what style/size is your favorite. As Kim astutely pointed out, there will always be another coop coming down the pipeline. :)

Phoebe
08-11-2004, 04:55 PM
>Well, I can't believe I am saying this, but I think you
>should wait. You won't really know what you need until you
>start taking the baby out with you. You also won't know which
>style you like (backpack or tote) until you actually start
>maneuvering with a squimy baby in one arm.
>
So, so true. You may not even leave the house for a month! And you have two really nice bags already. Saving your money for nice nursing tops is a great idea. They make such cute ones now, and anything that makes you more comfortable nursing is money well spent.

Phoebe,
Susan 4/01
David 6/03