PDA

View Full Version : What features do you HAVE to have in a diaper bag? And what can you do without?

peasprout
08-11-2004, 01:31 PM
For me it would be bottle/cup holders on the outside so I can grab them quickly and lots of compartments on the inside.
I could do without the changing pads that are either attached or detached. I always use my own anyway.
:)

Momof3Labs
08-11-2004, 03:11 PM
I can do without bottle/cup holders (don't like the tops exposed so they get dirty - ick!) and changing tables. I like a single adjustable shoulder strap so that the bag can easily go on my shoulder or over the stroller handles.

ETA: And a separate compartment for diapering stuff. I do not like diapering supplies to touch food stuff either!

alkagift
08-11-2004, 03:14 PM
I don't have this but wish I did--single strap, messenger style. I think this would be better for me. I also like having lots of compartments inside, but it's not ESSENTIAL.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

robmab719
08-11-2004, 03:19 PM
My main requirement is lots of compartments of varying sizes on the inside and, preferably, a couple on the outside as well. I don't use the outside ones to hold bottles, but I do use them for sunglasses or sunscreen or other things I need to grab in a hurry.

I also like the bag to be able to hang from the stroller handles, either backpack straps or a single strap long enough to go across both handles.

Chelsey333
08-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Need a good amount of pockets. I think I can live without the pretty totes that are made. I think at this time (bec I do change my mind weekly about these things), I have a hard time keeping them organized even if they have a bunch of pockets. I think it is hard to find items bec the bag is circular so you never know which pocket has what.

MichelleRC
08-11-2004, 03:51 PM
I like to have a small exterior pocket for my cell phone so I am not digging thru the bag when the darn thing is ringing.
A few interior pockets of varying sizes are helpful and at least one bottle/cup holder (probably 2) is also a must.
I do not need the matching changing pads anymore--I have so many alraeady!

Buzymommy5
08-11-2004, 04:16 PM
good question :)
have to have:
-pockets for diapers and diaper wipes
-pocket for cell phone

prefer, but doesn't have to have:
-adjustable straps
-lots of pockets

chris