PDA

View Full Version : LOVE my new LE Little Tripper!!! What can I realistically put in this thing?

baerX3
08-16-2004, 04:58 PM
UPS just dropped off my LE Little Tripper bag! It is so great! I just love the features and style, and the light blue interior lining is awesome! My baby is not due for another couple of weeks, but I can't wait to use this bag (and DH likes it too, he said it isn't too "diaper baggish." LOL!) :-)

One question... what do those of you who have this bag put it in for a newborn? I hope to breastfeed and wonder about an insulated bag for a bottle of EBM?? Can I fit what I need for a day of shopping or an evening out to a friend's house in this bag? It seems roomy enough, but having no experience, I am uncertain.

Thanks!
Lisa

jenfed1
08-17-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm a big packer, so maybe a lighter packer can respond too...but I can't imagine using my Little Tripper for a newborn. I breastfed too, but I just remember having multiple changes of clothes, birp clothes, bibs, diapers, wipes, creams...plus my own stuff. I can't imagine using the LT regularly. I started using mine more when dd was a toddler, and I didn't need so much stuff with me all the time. It's a great little bag, don't get me wrong...but I think you will probably want to look for something a little bigger too.

Good luck!!

bethdg1
08-17-2004, 08:50 AM
I agree with the other poster. I love the LT I have but I can't imagine using it with my newborn. I am breastfeeding also so I pack a shirt for me, two onesies, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, diaper creams, etc. I don't think you would have enough room for an insulated bottle of EBM but you do have the side pockets and breast milk will stay good up to 8 hours unrefrigerated.

baerX3
08-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Thank you both for your thoughts. I was sort of thinking along those lines when I saw it. It will get used, maybe just not at first. LOL! I have an Alpha 7 and I imagine that will be my main bag.

essnce629
08-17-2004, 02:13 PM
I breastfeed too and when my son was a newborn I carried the smallest bag ever so it might be possible. Now that my son will be one (on Thursday!) I carry a huge bag when I'm out all day. Everyone always says that they carry less with an older baby but I carry much more now since I have to take jarred food, cheerios, spoon/bib, washcloth, diaper saks, toys, and a sippy cup. When my son was a newborn all I carried with me was a few diapers and wipes, a change of clothes, and my stuff-- they don't need any food, don't play with toys, and my son never spit up so I didn't need a burp cloth, and I never leaked through my shirt and needed an extra one (Lansinoh breast pads hold everything!). Just keep a spare bag in the car with extra diapers, wipes, and a change of clothes for emergencies and to refill your regular bag in case you run out. The LT may work just fine. I occasionally took a bottle of ebm with me when my son was really really young, but hated worrying about if he'd use it and how warm/cold it was so I would just NIP instead (no need to carry bottles or a cooler and it's always the perfect temperature :)).

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif One year and counting!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

Niki_n_Abby
08-17-2004, 03:02 PM
I breastfed my dd and didn't own a diaperbag until she was several months old. That is one of the great things about breastfeeding - no bottles to lug around:) If baby is hungary, you just feed her, anytime, anywhere. It is only as she has gotten older that I have needed to buy larger and larger bags to carry all the toys and such.

For all day out with a newborn I carried 6-8 diapers(I always over pack with diapers), travel wipes, cream, hand sanitizer, burp cloth, extra onsie, extra t-shirt for me(my dd was a spitter), receiving blanket. I could definitely fit all that in the LT plus my mommy stuff. As a nursing mom, the bottle/sippy cup holders are great for water bottles.

As a mom of a toddler, I can stuff 3-4 pull-ups, wipes, cream, hand sanitizer, 3 small snack containers, extra outfit for dd, book, small toy, sippy cup, crayons, paper and my mommy stuff.

It is a great little bag that holds a TON of stuff.

Enjoy your bag:)

Niki

bubbaray
08-17-2004, 03:43 PM
The Updated LT was my first diaper bag (after I sent back the DIA with the short shoulder straps) when DD was a newborn. I'm a VERY light packer, though and always keep an extra bag (lots of diapers, wipes, WetOnes for me, change pad, extra t-shirt for baby) in the car.

I could pack 4 or so newborn diapers, travel wipes package (a package works better than a travel size case in this bag), a couple of sanitizer wipes for me, the changing pad it comes with, a small bottle of water for me (I EBF), my wallet, cellphone, keys, lip balm, kleenex and a hat for baby. However, when DD was a newborn, I rarely went out for the whole day, usually just 1/2 day trips. I don't think it would be big enough for a whole day unless you kept extra supplies in your car.

I found it was just fine for a 1/2 day trip as my DD was born in the spring (so no need to bring lots of extra blankets or clothes to keep her warm), I EBF and I didn't use cloth diapers. DH still uses the bag (grudgingly) when he takes her out.

Now that DD is older (4m), in larger size diapers that take up more room and fall is approaching, I need to pack more. I think I will get more use out of the LT once DD is older (and toilet trained) so I'm holding onto mine.

Melissa
Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/11089.birthday.png

KayK
08-18-2004, 12:04 PM
I used the LT for my newborn. I filled it with the usual stuff - diapers, wipes, bags for dirty diapers, cream, extra onesie, wash cloth, bib, kleenex. I EBF and used the exterior pockets for water bottles for me (loved that feature.) When I needed to use an insulated bag, I clipped one on to the strap. The LT is small and that's why I bought it so I wouldn't overpack and carry around a heavy bag. I DO always have extra supplies in my car to restock the bag on the road. The bag is nice because my husband will use it as well. If I go to someone's house, my blanket won't fit in the bag so I drape it over.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

KayK
mother to almost 5 month old daughter

nupe
08-19-2004, 02:18 PM
I started out with the large LE bag, but found it was hard to carry along with everything else, and it does not fit in my stroller--never thought of checking that before. And, it is hard to zip closed with one hand.

I had ordred the older model of the little tripper for DH and for walks on local trails from our home. I have found that the little tripper is perfect for most outings from home. I BF (DS is 2 1/2 months now) and I am able to pack 2 onsies, 2 bibs, 2-3 diapers, a couple plastic grocery bags, priv-a-see nursing blanket, changing pad that comes with, ziplock with wipes, small purell, ziplock with kleenex, rattle, my things (wallet, cellphone, keys, granola bar, zipper bag with other essentials). I keep a small bag in the trunk of the car with some extra diapers and trash bags. I can't imagine being away from the car for more than three diapers! The main things that DON'T fit in the little tripper are 1) gymboree blanket 2) MNM pouch. I leave the one that I am not using in the car.

I think the new model has pockets on the outside for bottles, and maybe other features I am not aware of as well. Ic an't speak for those new features.

baerX3
08-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Thank you all so so much for your replies! We will go ahead and definitely try the LT with our baby when she is born. It's great to see what each of you put in it, that gives me a much better perspective! :-)

The new model does have the two pockets on the side - it is such a great design. I am really looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks again!
Lisa