PDA

View Full Version : Timi and Leslie bebe large diaper bag or backpack??

Mommyto3
08-17-2004, 09:51 AM
Anyone have either of these bags?? I'm not sure which one to get..I am in love with my Mothership..have it in the pink stripe, and wanted to get something a *little* smaller, in more of a fall type print.

I have never seen these bags IRL, but they look great! So, any input regarding fabrics..designs etc..I would love!!

Thanks!

firsttimemommy
08-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi!

I don't have the bag yet, but I'm ordering a large bebe bag through the co-op on babybags. I am getting the "danny" print! I love the Timi & Leslie bags b/c there are so many UNIQUE fabric choices. They change their fabrics alot but that is what makes them so unique IMO!

Why don't you email the retailer who is hosting the co-op - they could give you fabric suggestions and give you size comparisons too. I believe the large Bebe Bag is bigger than an Alpha 7 but not sure if it is smaller than the Mothership.

[email protected] (retailer's email)

The babybags group on yahoo also has pics posted in the photos section of the backpacks and large bebe bag interiors.

If you are not a member, subscribe by sending an email here:

[email protected]

HTH!
Ronda
Mommy to 2 sweeties!
Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Winnie the Pooh

MichelleRC
08-17-2004, 12:02 PM
I have both! Well, 3 actually. I LOVE these bags. The large Bebe bag is my current favorite bag and I have not used anything else since I got it. I have 2 (Magic and Polly--I think it may be an older fabric-black, cranberry and khaki pattern--gorgeous) and the backpack in Mia.
I posted reviews and pictures a while ago. The bebe bag is a great size-not too big, not too small, and can hold quite a bit.
Have fun picking!

lmariana
08-17-2004, 12:07 PM
I think it just matters what style of bag you prefer! If you're a backpack girl, go for that. Being a die-hard messenger style girl, I wouldn't do well with a backpack style. :) Personally, I love the brocade prints! The nylon bags are really cool though. I think you can't go too wrong, besides if you get something you're not thrilled about, there's always my best friend...the Bag Swap!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

ShaniB123
08-17-2004, 02:50 PM
I saw these bags in real life this weekend. I had heard that the bottle pockets were too small to actually hold bottles, and I would have to agree, after checking them out.

First due in CA in October

Mommyto3
08-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Pockets??? That is SUCH a bummer! I hadn't heard that before...was it just the backpack that didn't fit bottles, or all the styles?

thanks for everyone's input!

MichelleRC
08-17-2004, 04:55 PM
I used (and will be using) Dr. Brown's bottles--regular not the wide neck, and they fit fine. Wider ones like the Avent would probably not work though.

ShaniB123
08-17-2004, 05:00 PM
It's the large bebe bag, I think- the one that converts into the backpack.

First due in CA in October

lmariana
08-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Avents will fit in the interior bottle pocket with ease, but the exterior bottle pocket is difficult because of the vinyl, which sticks to the bottles. I can squeeze one into the ext. pocket though, if I have to. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

lmariana
08-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Maybe we're thinking of different bags? The Timi and Leslie bag doesn't convert into a backpack.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

robmab719
08-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Mariana, didn't you say that the Avents could fit in the outside pocket of the nylon bags? It was just the vinyl ones that were too "sticky," right?

(Or did I just make all that up myself?!) ;)

lmariana
08-17-2004, 08:30 PM
It's a tight squeeze in a vinyl Bebe Bag, but the Avent slides right in the nylon bags! Smooth as butta!

I had the same problem on the Mothership, no bottles would fit in those side pockets, but you have better luck squeezing one into the T&L vinyl bags though.

:)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com