PDA

View Full Version : Any other Bandicoot reviews and pics?

HeatherW
08-18-2004, 05:55 PM
I am considering purchasing a Bandicoot through the co-op and would like to hear more reviews about the bag, and pictures of other color options if possible. Thanks.

Jeanmick
08-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Yes! I just got mine yesterday (black/moss). Here's what I can say now:

1. It's definitely smaller than the Marsupial.

2. It's a little heavier than I thought it would be.

3. I tried the backpack straps and they're a little uncomfortable for me, but I may not be wearing them right. The shoulder strap is wonderful!!! Very comfortable.

4. The little purse is very cute and stylish when worn by itself.

5. The material and workmanship is awesome! I'm so impressed with it. Looks very classy.

6. So far, I'm able to fit in the following in the big bag with room to spare:

Two epipens
Bottle of Benedryl and spoon
Two diapers (Pampers, size 4)
Box of wipes (Pampers travel size)
Small Wet Ones pack
Palm Pilot (the pockets in the big bag are a perfect fit for my PP!)
Small Wallet
Checkbook
Keys (hooked to Carabiner clip)
Changing pad (included w/bag)
Small bag of cheerios)
Small toy

7. In the small bag, I've put, with some room to spare:

Compact
Breath mints
Lipstick
Eyeliner
Small first aid kit

8. I'm a bit uncomfortable putting my wallet in the small bag. While the snaps appear sturdy, I think it's just best practice for me personallly to put my wallet in the big bag. My wallet will go in the purse if I have to go off by myself and leave the big bag with my DH and the kids.

9. My DS's Sippy cup fits great on the side of the bag and I have my cell phone on the other side.

I've not taken it out yet IRL, but when I do, I'll be sure to edit this post and give everyone my review.

HTH!

Edited for grammar

getbusyliving
08-18-2004, 09:04 PM
I posted a review on the previous thread about the Bandicoot. But I'll expand on it now that I've taken it out IRL. I really like the bag. It's a great size. If I don't want to wear it, it fit easily into the grocery cart w/room to spare (my previous bag took up so much room, this wasn't feasible). I put a First Years sippy in it & it fit OK, but the pocket was a little too snug for it to fit in there very deeply. If you're familiar w/First Years disposal cups, the lid had to rest above the pocket.

I took the bag to work w/me today and even took the clutch off to go out to lunch. The clutch is a great size. Personally, I wish they would have done a different color combo than black & moss. The moss is like pea green or Army green, not the most attractive color to me personally.

Ditto on the weight, it is a little heavier than I would have thought - but really not an issue to me, my last bag was pretty heavy.

I'm not sure if I'll really utilize the backpack function. I like the easier access to the bag that I get from carrying it on my shoulder. My biggest complaint about the bag is that you can't detach the backpack straps & they take up room in the back pocket.

I'm not sure how I feel about all the silver hardware on the bag (zippers, strap settings, etc) - I'm not a flashy kind of gal at all, so I personally would've wanted that toned down a bit.

Even with the few little negatives, I think this is the closest to thing to my vision of a perfect diaper bag. It's cute, the detachable clutch is awesome & I really like that the bag is not very bulky.

I'll try to take pics of it later while I'm wearing it.