PDA

View Full Version : Loom Bandicoot-too much like a diaper bag for work?

kjsb
08-20-2004, 10:23 PM
My maternity leave is almost over and I've decided to treat myself to a new purse to ease the transition. I really like the look of the Loom Bandicoots, but wonder if the bottle pocket on the side makes it look too much like a diaper bag. It will be used as a diaper bag on occasion, but I just do not want it to look like one at work. Any thoughts? Also wondering how heavy it is and if it would be too bulky. I would mainly wear it over my shoulder.

Thanks!

Jeanmick
08-21-2004, 12:15 AM
I showed my bag to my best friend who's going back to work FT after being a SAHM for the last 9-10 years (her kids are 10 and 8). She took one look at the bag and immediately thought it would be great for her. She thought of using the big bag as a lunchbag and the small bag as her purse if she needed to step out for a bit. She said that she'd use the side pockets for water bottle and her phone/sunglasses. A saleslady at one of the stores I was at actually complimented me on the bag today and didn't realize that the bag was a diaper bag!

In an eariler post I noted that the bag was heavier than I thought, but it's not significantly heavy. I took it out today using the shoulder strap and it was pretty comfy. It was easy to wear and move about in...not bulky at all.

HTH!

BTW, the co-op on this bag via diaperbag swap (yahoogroup) ends this Sunday (they had to change the date), so, if you're interested in buying this, order quickly!

robmab719
08-21-2004, 06:10 PM
I think it would be great. I've been using my Bandicoot as my main bag for the past week (including when I go to work), but I only take the purse into the office with me and leave the main bag in the car, stocked with all the baby stuff. Love the idea of using the main bag as a lunch bag, though. When we get out of the baby stage, I just might use it that way myself!

The more I use the bag, the more I like it. I haven't used it as a backpack, only a shoulder bag. The strap is very well-padded and I find it to be pretty comfortable. I actually tried using the bag messenger style today at the grocery store, and it worked just fine, though it started to dig into my shoulder after a while.

kjsb
08-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Thanks, Jeanette. Your friend's ideas on how to use the bag have definitely convinced me that this is a bag I need to have. You also eased my mind about it being too heavy or bulky.

Thanks also for the info on the co-op. That's definitely the way to go!

Thanks again!

kjsb
08-22-2004, 01:08 AM
Thanks Robyn. This bag definitely sounds great. I was planning on taking both the bag and purse into work with me, but it sounds like the purse itself is pretty large enough to hold my personal items so I might keep the larger bag in the car.

The bandicoot definitely gives you a lot of options-including the backpack straps. I originally did not think I would want a diaper backpack, but I have the feeling that as my baby gets older I am going to want to have the bag out of the way and my hands free. So much to learn as a first time mom!

getbusyliving
08-24-2004, 07:57 PM
I wear mine to work everyday (I'm a lawyer). I use the bottle pockets on the side for bottles of water (sometimes throw my keys in there too). It's definitely not too bulky or heavy for me.

If I only wanted a purse, I probably wouldn't buy the bandicoot for that reason. I bought it primarily b/c it's a diaper bag w/the added benefit of a purse attached. I drop Gabe off in my bldg & then head up to work, so I like having the diaper bag w/me to hold whatever of his I might need to take to or from daycare. Then I have the option of snapping off the clutch to take w/me to lunch.