PDA

View Full Version : Calling Alpha 7 owners: do you love your bag? Thinking of getting the black cord...

boys2enough
08-22-2004, 11:42 AM
I NEED HELP PLEASE. :) I had never given this bag any thought until this morning when I woke up and I suddenly had this epiphany: a backpack wil be great for when we go to Disneyland this fall! lol. I have been pining for a Bandicoot but the color combo really turns me off. Not a green person at all, so I am pretty sure I won't use the clutch bag at all, so what's the point of getting a Bandicoot then.

Now the Alpha 7 is looking better and better. Anybody owns a black cord Alpha 7? How does it look? On the website the cord looks "stiff" for some reason, not as "soft" looking as the orange one. (am I making any sense?) What does it look like in real life? Would you bring it to a more formal occasion in addition to your normal fancy handbag? TIA!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

ShayleighCarsensMom
08-22-2004, 12:00 PM
I love the organization of this bag!!!! I use it every day now!
And the best part Lin...is that it has clips on the side so you can clip it to your p3 for Disney!!!
Its a little smaller than the kecci, but can still easily hold a days worth of stuff...
I have the blue chocolate, but I am about ready to take the plunge for another bag...
Valerie

BeachBaby
08-22-2004, 01:13 PM
I have the Chestnut corduroy A7 and love it! I haven't seen the black cord IRL, but the chestnut has a nice "glow" to it (if that makes any sense!). Its really soft.

I also like the interior organization. And the backpack feature is great, too, IMO. I wanted a bag I could carry both on the shoulder and as a backpack.

HTH.

Chelsey333
08-22-2004, 09:35 PM
I have the black cord, and I love it. It is my favorite bag right now. I don't think the bag looks stiff, but I am not sure if I know what you mean. I do think the bag looks dressier than a normal diaper bag, as long as I don't use it as a backpack for the more formal occasion. I love everything about the bag. I even like the velcro (some people don't like that feature). bec I can stuff the bag full and it always closes. I don't mind the black interior either, bec of all the pockets, I still feel organized.

jasabo
08-22-2004, 11:40 PM
I LOVE my Alpha! I have the red, so not sure about the black cord. But since I got mine about 4 months ago, it's the only bag I use. I love the organization, though I'd prefer a second interior bottle holder - would be useful with twins. The rest of the organization is great though. I love the 3 small exterior pockets and the large one on the back. I usually carry mine as a messenger, so I just leave the backpack straps in the large rear pocket. But it's nice to have the backpack option. I really like the velcro too. It's very easy to open and close, stays closed when I want it to, and makes it very easy to stuff it really full if necessary. Also, the strap is long enough that I can hang it across my double stroller handles and it fits perfectly.

I haven't found a bag yet that I like as much as the Alpha.

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

boys2enough
08-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Thank you, my ladies. You have all managed to convince me and I placed an order this morning already. I hope you are happy now, you enablers! ;-)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif