PDA

View Full Version : DH gives the Bandicoot a Thumbs Up!

robmab719
08-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Thought I'd share this little funny. DH has been pretty good about my diaper bag obsession and basically keeps his mouth shut as new bags roll in (and out) on an almost weekly basis. In fact, it's now kind of a running joke when a box comes for me. I'll say "Can you guess what this is?" And he'll say "another diaper bag, right?"

So anyway, I've been using my Bandicoot exclusively for the past week and DH has been sort of watching from afar when he's with me. He commented on the detachable purse being a neat feature that he hadn't seen on a diaper bag. But yesterday, when we were at the grocery store, I was wearing it messenger style when DD had a little spit-up incident. Without even dropping the bell pepper I was inspecting in one hand, I whipped open the Bandicoot with the other, grabbed out a burp cloth and dabbed away DD's spitup. Then, at the checkout line, DH asked if I had my "reward" card with me. I zipped open the Joey clutch and pulled out my wallet while handing DD the toy she was fumbling for. DH said "You know, I don't think even the Navy Seals have equipment that's as stylish and well-designed as your diaper bags." lol

Later that night, he referred to the Bandicoot as my MacGyver bag and asked if I was planning to pull dinner out of one of the pockets. Ha! Now that would be a trick! :)

parkersmama
08-22-2004, 07:05 PM
LOL! A ringing endorsement, I'd say!!! And, hey, if it'll produce a fully cooked dinner, I'm getting one today and have friends that'll be lining up for one, too! ;)

kjsb
08-23-2004, 08:31 PM
That is such a great story! I ordered my Bandicoot on Sunday through the co-op and I can't wait to receive it.