PDA

View Full Version : help picking a bag for two kids

JenaW
08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
I need some advice from the seasoned pros! My current bag is the combi urban sling. This has served me very well. I like the messenger style (although I don't always wear it this way), the multiple pockets, and washability. My son is almost 15 months old, and while it works great for just him, I have number two on the way and don't think it will be big enough.

I really like the looks of the skip hop, especially in corduroy. I am thinking of waiting until the new ones come out, since they are supposed ot be having a messener style one....but the price on the babybags co-op is hard to beat. Can anyone who has both compare size? ANd anyone with two or more kids give me an idea of an ideal bag? I am not a minimalist, but I don't carry the kitchen sink either. For older DS - 3-4 dipes, mini wipe container, change of outfit, sippy, 1-2 small toys, bag/container of cheerios. For newborn - 4-6 dipes, change of outfit, clean shirt for me, maybe a few other odds/ends (paci, toy, etc).

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Price IS an issue, but if I can find the perfect bag, I am willing to negotiate my budget constraints.....(no ordering pizza that month ;)

Thanks!
Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

jasabo
08-22-2004, 11:45 PM
I think the Mothership would fit everything you mentioned. The Alpha 7 would probably be too small, unless you don't mind stuffing it all in. I use my A7 for my twins, but I don't carry extra clothes. Ella has a new messenger style bag called the Ultimate Diaper bag that looks really great, though I haven't seen it IRL. The larger size T2 might work for you. It's a messenger and would probably carry everything you mentioned. If you're open to backpacks, we used a Babybaks backpack when our twins were really small and we were carrying changes of clothes, formula, etc. Baby Sherpa backpacks are great too. Both can be found online.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

JenaW
08-24-2004, 12:59 PM
I am pretty sure I don't want a backpack style (no real reason, I am just not a big fan of them) but I will definitely check out the others you metioned.

Thanks!
Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04