PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever think you will have enough diaper bags?

Chelsey333
08-23-2004, 03:55 PM
A lot of us have bought a lot of bags in the last 6 mos. I think I am getting complete on my diaper bag rage! My dh told me to buy the new Petunia Pickle Bottom for our anniversary. I really wanted it, but now I am thinking - Why? I already have an Alpha, Mothership, Skip Hop, & Loom (trying to sell). Why do I need anymore?! Plus, a bottle leaked in my Alpha, and I thought I was lucky that it was easy to clean in my Alpha. But if it would have been a nightmare to clean in a bag like PPB. So do I buy the PPB or buy something more practical on my want list? When is your search for the next bag over? Let me add, even though I know I don't need another bag, I still have a love for trying out a new one and searching for a new one.

robmab719
08-23-2004, 08:54 PM
I think my collection is almost "complete." In fact, I've pared down a few bags that I knew I wouldn't be using anymore, so I feel like I have a reasonable number. I have a Mothership, a Bandicoot, a large Timi and Leslie, a Kecci and a couple of handmade "boutique" style bags. So I'm kind of in the "what more could I ask for" camp right now. (Now that could all change if something really exciting comes out soon!);)

I'd say wait a few more weeks on the PPB. See if you still love what you have and if so, put that $150+ toward a nice massage or facial. Something you'd enjoy that you don't already have! Or, if you decide in a few weeks that Petunia is still calling your name, you can always get it then.

The more I use my bags, the more I develop my "favorites" so give it a little time and see if you've already found your fave or if it's still out there waiting!

heidi_timms
08-23-2004, 11:16 PM
I swear sometimes it's the chase and the kill that thrills me about diaper bags. I enjoy buying another bag as much as I enjoy using it!!!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

khakismom
08-24-2004, 12:31 AM
I think I'm at a big standstill with my dipe bags. Mainly because I don't carry them as much, plus nothing is out right now that I *HAVE* to have. My pink stripe Escape Pod came today and I love it! So I think I'm good for a while.

ktdid74
08-24-2004, 09:49 AM
I'm comfortable with my bags right now, too. I'm using my mothership for daycare/big outings and my LT for errands and such. Now, I would like to have another MS but does that count? :) I love these 2 bags!

marnay
08-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Well I am waiting for my newest bag to arrive, a large Timi & Lesie Bebe, but I have paired down some as well. I sold my Mothership, and just sold my Skip Hop on ebay, I tried to sell my Escape Pod but it didn't sell.

I have and use now, my Timbuk2 small and the Metro, and two Kecci bags. I am still tempted by the Bandicoot but not sure how much I would actually use it.

When I don't need diaper bags any longer I will just move on to fun purses!

Naydene

jk3
08-24-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm done for awhile too. I love my Skip Hop which is now my everyday bag + I occasionally use my Mothership for longer outings. I sold my Ella bag + Escape Pod on Ebay. The only bag I really want would be a new Escape Pod in black but that's more of a pocketbook/diaper bag.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

DeborahM
08-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Since starting to read this board in the spring I went from owning a black gap nylon bag to a WW tote, Alpha 7, Mothership, and escape pod. Every co-op has me drooling and wanting a new bag (even those I looked at and thought I really didn't like) -- I've managed to control myself recently b/c we were buying a new house and getting stuff for baby #2. I'm waiting for the Kecci's to get back into stock. I'd love more bags, but like my purses I find I only just use one or two.

Deborah
Mom to Thomas (6/02) and baby Rachel (7/04)

masetane
08-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Here is my 2 cents - I have a passion for bags. Love them all but after my latest craze for a bunch, I am realizing that 2 in total , different sizes, is all I need in practical terms. Sure, its fun to have different styles and colors (...swoon..) but I think there has to be a limit somewhere and lately I am thinking - it's just a diaper bag. If I am happy with these great b.c shortly I won't be needing a diaper bag at all. Based on your list, I think you have plenty/good variety adn would skip the PPB!!!
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

tina-t
08-26-2004, 06:29 PM
I think that I have more than enough bags really, but it doesn't stop me from drooling over some other diaper bags like the bandicoot and PPB.