PDA

View Full Version : Babystyle Bag, very disappointing

Jen in Chicago
08-24-2004, 04:23 PM
I am a strong believer in good customer service and standing by your products. Babystyle will not be on my list of perfered places! I had forgotten about this bag and just started using it. It is falling apart FAST! Their products look great, but if they are garbage after a month then they are not worth my money.

My e-mail to Babystyle (via their form)
subject:
Original Un-Diaper Bag- Ivory

I just started using this bag after having it for 1.5 years. It is dingy
and the seams at the bottom of it are tearing apart. In addition, the
zipper gets stuck all the time. Can it be repaired/replaced?

Their response:
Thank you for shopping at babystyle.com. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your order. Unfortunately, we can only accept returns within 30 days of purchase. If the order is one year old or older, we unfortunately cannot offer a refund or exchange.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to call us toll free at 1-877-ESTYLES (378-9537). Our Customer Care Team is available Monday through Friday, 7AM to 4PM PST.

Regards,

Ann
The Customer Care Team
babystyle.com

lmariana
08-24-2004, 05:36 PM
That sucks, I'm so sorry! It's bad enough when your purchase disappoints you, not to mention bad customer service on top of it!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Toba
08-24-2004, 06:06 PM
I know it stinks, but if you look at it from their point of view, maybe you can understand their position. They don't know you from Adam and how do they know you haven't been using the bag for the last year and a half and it's just now starting to wear? Even so, I think thirty days is a little short for a manufacturing defect. Sorry you didn't get any satisfaction from them!

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004

GatorMom
08-25-2004, 02:28 AM
That stinks. I think it's unfortunate that so many companies don't understand that good customer service = repeat business that more than makes up for whatever losses they may suffer to make you happy.

For example, I bought a T&L "baby bag" at a local (children's) boutique. After the fabric began to run and mildew, I realized that the bag I was sold was actually a tote (with silk lining) - not made to withstand the rigors of daily bottles etc. The boutique would not help me at all, so I contacted T&L to ask if they had any recommendations. Leslie herself responded and offered to replace my bag; I received a brand new baby bag soon thereafter.

Not all of my bags will be T&L, but I can guarantee that this positive experience will lead me back to them again and again over the years.

IMHO, Babystyle made a big mistake by not being more helpful.

Julie

marnay
08-25-2004, 08:48 AM
I can understand Babystyle not wanting to replace the whole bag after a 1.5 yrs but I do think they should have giving you something just to keep you happy. A credit in their store would have made you feel better and it would have been peanuts to them.

Another great company for CS is Chester bags, I bought a new bag off of Ebay, it was a retired one and it didn't come with a changing pad or ditty bag. I called Chester to see if I could buy those items and they insisted on sending them to me free. Chester is now one of my favorites! I will buy another bag there and pass the word along how great they are.

A little good CS goes a long way!

Naydene

Jen in Chicago
08-25-2004, 09:37 AM
I am taking note of Chester Bags! I buy on recommendations all the time. Thank you.

I do understand the age issue with my bag, but it literally is falling apart at the seams after a month if sitting in my car and being pulled out 1-2 times a week. I would admit if I overused it, but it sat unused when we lived in Chicago.

Repair/replace/credit would cost them nothing. The thing that really irks me is I praised them before and bought their bags for other people.

masetane
08-26-2004, 02:07 AM
What do you do in this kind of situation? Whhile as a consumer, you want a product that holds up but as the merchant, how can you replace something that was bought so long ago if you don't know how it was treated???? (I'm asking honestly - this kind of stuff has always fascinate me...) I do think ulimately, it is better to keep a happy customer isn't it and what' is one more bag to them if you will be telling them how great the company is etc They should have offered to at least repair it free of charge. I wouldn't want someone walking around with my product that is falling apart. That said, when I worked in a dept store, you should have seen the state of things that people returned (open return policy) and I was embarrassed for them that they were coming in asking for exchange/money back. One guy was trying to return a tie from over a year ago that was dirty, used, etc. It was replaced so away went a happy customer but I always thought that was a bit unfair for the manufacturer. Another example is my neighbor just told me that returned a swing to Babies R Us (who has a great return policy right??) she used it for her daughter when she was an infant and who is turning 2 tomorrow. It was kept in immaculate condition, had the original sticker on the box and then returned it for a credit at Babies R Us. It was used - ew!! Do they send it back to the company or resell?? I didn't that was very nice but intrigued she got the credit to get something else 2 years later. I dont' know - I see both sides of this I guess!!!

Anywho, yOu should try calling the company who makes the bags directly and go from there.......Hope they fix/replace it for you!!!!!
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03