PDA

View Full Version : Best Diaper Bag for Baby Wearing

lines
08-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a new bag and am curious to see what people use when wearing their baby. I usually wear my daughter in the ergo.

Thanks!

squimp
08-25-2004, 01:32 PM
I like wearing a light backpack style bag for when I'm babywearing. This worked with the baby bjorn and my sling (KKACP). I used this teeny little one for short trips. It carries my wallet, keys, a CD, ziploc of wipes and thin changing pad.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11947.jpg

I always make sure to put the backpack on after I put on the sling :)!

megulis
08-25-2004, 02:05 PM
I love how wristlets fit in the front pocket!

alkagift
08-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Isn't the Ergo a backpack style carrier, though, or do you usually wear your daughter in another position?

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

lines
08-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Since my daughter is still pretty little (5 1/2 months) I usually wear her on front so a backpack would work. But as she gets older/bigger I imagine that I would wear her on back more so I'm not sure then!

cccat
08-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Good question!...because I have the same question ;) I'd like to find out what other moms use when they wear their babies in tummy-to-tummy, hip, and back carrying positions.
ETA: For more ideas, I'll post this question in some yahoo groups (babywearingco-op, slingsewing, babybags), too.

tina-t
08-26-2004, 06:35 PM
When I used to do the hip carry with the zolo, I just used my loom marsupial and let it hang on my left shoulder. I had ds on the right. Sometimes, I would use it messenger style and have the strap on the right shoulder and the bag on the left hip, with ds still on the right.

Can't handle using the sling now since ds feels so heavy and he moves around a lot.