PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have The One Step Ahead High Performance Backpack Diaper Bag?

toniteach
08-24-2004, 08:09 PM
http://www.onestepahead.com/product/27211/392/117.html#readmore

Could you share your opinion/experience?!?

TIA,
Toni
dd 20 mos.
edd 1.18.05

supercalifragilous
08-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Go to:
http://www.action-direct.com/89.htm

They have the same exact backpack aimed at a different market (notice the gun on the "changing pad") for $29.95.

The ONLY difference is that the zippers are horizontal instead of angled like OSA's. Everything else, including what OSA calls the changing pad, is identical. In fact, looking at the Action-Direct backpack, it looks like their shoulder straps are more ergonomic.

DH loves that backpack and b/c it's so padded we pack our SLR camera in there as well. It fits TONS so we always take it on long trips, even if we leave it in the car. I'd compare it to the Baby Sherpa but for $30, you can't beat that price with a stick. I just wish I had found out about the Action-Direct one before I spent $70 @ OSA!!

Oregonmother
08-25-2004, 01:11 AM
We have this bag, it is a very well made bag but is too large for every day use IMO. I love it for overnight trips and air travel. It is very comfortable to wear and all of the pockets keep everything very well organized and easy to find. Hope this helps.

Alyssa

Kaiden 9/14/03

ckpeters
08-25-2004, 01:51 AM
I agree with Alyssa...it is a HUGE bag! I thought I'd be using it daily, but we've only used it a couple times (and DS is almost 14 months). We really only use it when we're dropping him off somewhere (like my mom's) for the day and we need to pack many diapers, change of clothes, food, snacks, sippies, etc. If that's the kind of thing you'll be doing a lot, then it would probably be a good bag for you. However we usually just run quick errands, and it's way too big for that.

Krista
Kyle 7/3/03

toniteach
08-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Alyssa, Krista~

Do you think it's too big for a toddler, an infant and my (smallish) purse stuck in? I love the "hands-free" idea and being more organized.

Super~I agree---the bags look identical---but I think the thing I like about OSA is the silver lining to see things easily.

Your thoughts again appreciated if you see this post! :D

Thanks,
Toni

ckpeters
08-25-2004, 10:37 AM
It would depend on how much stuff you take with you on a daily basis. For us, with a 14 month old, it's big enough that we could use it for a weekend trip (with all of his stuff in it).

Just an fyi, it's too big to fit in either of my strollers baskets, if that makes a difference to you.

Krista
Kyle 7/3/03

Oregonmother
08-26-2004, 12:33 AM
It's hard to say weather you would think it is too big or not. I can fit about 8 diapers and travel diaper wipes in the diaper area. There is all kinds of storage for small things and the insulated pouches on the sides are huge, I think I can fit like 4 4oz. baby food jars in each one and still have a little room. I usually put toys in the mesh zipper area that seperate the front from the interior. I do not carry a purse in addition to my diaper bag so i used the front zipper area for my stuff. Then there is the interior area that I usually use for clothes, blanket,bibs, etc. One thing to consider is that OSA has a great return policy, you can even return used items if your not satisfied no questions asked( you pay shipping charges both ways though).

Alyssa

Kaiden 9/14/03