PDA

View Full Version : My Fleurville Mothership is getting holes! So bummed...

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
08-28-2004, 12:26 PM
I have had my Mothership for about 3 months now and I use it probably about 60% of the time (I usually switch between that and my Marsupial). Anyway, I looked at the bottom of the bag and there are holes forming in the bottom corners of the bag and on the bottom corners of the pockets! I was quite surprised and disappointed. I have been very happy with the organization and functionality of the bag, but for such an expensive bag, I expected it to be one that I could use for years! Here is what their CS had to say about the problem:

"The vinyl covering on the MotherShip is for ease of cleaning,

and to protect the fabric underneath. As it is plastic it will

break down."

Fleurville CS has been responsive and is sending me a replacement for $10 plus my cost of shipping it back. So, I guess that is good, but I am going to be apprehensive about using the bag. This shouldn't be a bag that you have to use gently. BTW, I haven't been rough on the bag - normal use, lots of transferring between home, car, shopping carts, stroller.

Anyway, I wasn't sure about posting this, because I didn't want anyone to doubt their MS purchase. But, I guess it is something that should be known (although hopefully it won't happen to anyone else.) BTW, my Marsupial is holding up great - the ballistic nylon seems to work well.

Hmmm, I think a Bandicoot may be in my future!

firsttimemommy
08-28-2004, 01:16 PM
That stinks! I am glad to hear Fleurville is working with you but it is a shame that it only lasted 3 months (and as a part-time bag at that!) I haven't heard of any other issues, maybe that one was just a lemon? I hope so! I hope your new one works better for you!!

Ronda
Mommy to 2 sweeties!
Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Winnie the Pooh

jasabo
08-28-2004, 02:54 PM
What a bummer! I just received my MS this week and have only used it a few times but have been happy with it. I hope it holds up. I'm glad CS has been good about it though. That means a lot. Though I'm not impressed with the "it will break down" response. For that amount of money, it better not break down in 3 months!!!! Hope your next one works out better.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

Chelsey333
08-28-2004, 09:08 PM
I almost wish I didn't know, bec I inspected my bag and can see how it can happen. The corners are pointy and look like they would rip if they have contact with the floor or rub against something. One of my corners looks like it has hole, but it is very small. I couldn't inspect the entire bag, bec it was upsetting me just thinking about this expensive getting worn down this easily.

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
08-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Oh - I'm so sorry! I was hoping no one else would have the same problem. The holes in mine are very tiny as well, but they are there. Well, if it is a problem with the product and not just my lemon, then maybe they will address what could be a design flaw. I would contact CS as well. They definitely need to know that their product is not holding up to expectations.

Chelsey333
08-29-2004, 08:41 AM
I also notice that the corners looked dirty, and that surprised me also. Only bec I try not to put it anywhere where it might get dirty, but I guess you can't prevent every little spot. I don't use mine that often either, probably 50% of the time.

Ami
08-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi,

I live in Canada and really wanted to buy one but vinyl can't withstand cold temperatures. In winter the whole thing would crack and break down for me. Just a note for moms in cold weather climates to watch out for when buying a diaper bag- avoid vinyl and certain plastics.

Ami