PDA

View Full Version : Busy Box (toy for the crib)

LisaRowe
08-30-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm an older mom who remembers the ole busy boxes we probably had. I've been shopping for one for my 8 week old. He's beginning not to freak out as soon as he wakes up and enjoy the crib a bit...there's the FP Aquarian that has 1 movable piece (i.e., I'll have to buy another one soon) and the FP kickable one. Does any one know of other ones that have parts that will keep the little ones busy for a few minutes?

Thanks

LD92599
08-30-2004, 12:32 PM
We have the Developlay Activity Center from Tiny Love. Your DS might be a little too young for it right this second...but we've been using it from 3 months on and my DS still loves it

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00007F8OJ/qid=1093879962/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-9482970-8744619

Description from their site:
Our exciting new, double-sided electronic Developlay™ Activity Center will keep baby busy happily pulling, pushing, spinning, grasping, looking, listening, smiling and squealing with delight!

A wealth of exciting age-appropriate activities, designed for different aspects of baby’s development, will help your baby, and soon growing toddler, discover new challenges over a period of 3 to 24 months, making this a true grow-with-baby toy.

By placing baby in different positions (on her tummy or back), facing the Developlay™, and later sitting up or standing, she can approach Developlay™ activities from many different angles, each time motivating her to play with them in a different way.

Its unique structure makes it possible for baby to enjoy two ways – attached to the bed (vertically), or on the floor as an activity table (horizontally).

The Developlay™ Activity Center may also be used on playpens or portacribs, making it a trully use-anywhere product. And reversing sides is as easy as removing the clever slide-out feet, turning over

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

jasabo
08-31-2004, 12:20 AM
We had the Tiny Love one too. It was great, but when the boys were playing with it on the floor, two of the little knobs broke off - they must have yanked on them too hard. That's a definite choking hazard, so anyone who has that toy, BEWARE! I meant to post about it on the toy bb, but forgot. So I wouldn't really leave it with a baby unattended in a crib. But for playing on the floor while you're watching, it's great. The boys loved playing the music. Oh, that's another thing - the music. Dh and I got SO sick of hearing that music when they'd wake up at 2:00 a.m. and play in their crib. Actually, the more I think about it, I don't know that it's a really great crib toy :)

We also have the old fashioned Fisher Price crib toy that's white on the front and blue on the back and has the little mirror with the dog that you can pull back and forth, the green rotary phone-like thing, the knob with the twirly sticker around it that you turn and it looks really cool - I'm doing such a terrible job describing it :) I bought it at a consignment sale. I don't think I've seen them for sale at BRU, but they may be available online somewhere - maybe eBay. I'm actually going to sell ours at our yard sale next month because the boys have outgrown it. If you decide you want that one and can't find one locally or online and want a used one, let me know and I'll sell you mine.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys