PDA

View Full Version : My Bandicoot strap is coming apart

robmab719
09-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Okay, before I contact Loom, is anyone else having quality issues with their Bandicoot? I noticed today that the shoulder strap is coming apart from where it attaches to the bag, and the nylon is fraying a bit. Not cool when I've used this bag for less than a month. (Not to mention, it just sits in my car through the week, not even being carried.)

Also, I noticed on the Joey clutch that the bottom is just glued on. I didn't notice that before, but now it's like it's just screaming "Look at me...I look cheap!"

This really upsets me because I am in absolute LOVE with the functionality and style of this bag. It's become my #1 bag (unseating both the Mothership and the Kecci) and now it's already wearing out? Booohoooo

kathsmom
09-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Robyn,

Have you contacted Loom about this yet? I am really interested in the Bandicoot (hoping to get it or an Escape Pod or a Fleurville Lunch Pack for Christmas). I am very concerned about the quality of the product after reading about your bag. I am pretty rough on bags, since I am usually slinging them around and chasing DS and keeping up with DD.

Let me know if you hear anything!

robmab719
09-09-2004, 12:12 AM
No, I haven't contacted them yet. Things have been crazy lately, but I'm going to email them this week. When you spend this much for a bag, it shouldn't start coming apart during the first month!

(And for the record, I have NOT been hard on this bag AT ALL! It mostly hangs out in my car until the weekend.)

I'll keep you posted.

kathsmom
09-09-2004, 12:57 AM
I can't believe that it is already coming apart and you keep it in your car! I try to not be rough with bags, but when you're chasing a 23 month old and an 8 year old, it's kind of hard to be gentle on them. :)

I agree that for the price, it should not be having these problems. Another concern of mine was that you noticed the Joey clutch had a glued on bottom. I don't see that as a great selling point at all. I think it should be sewn on.

I am very interested to hear if this is a problem for all Bandicoot owners or if you just happened to get a lemon.

Thanks!

robmab719
09-09-2004, 11:51 AM
I sent an email to Loom last night, so I'll let you know when/if I hear back from them.

Anyone else notice the glued on bottom of the clutch?

firsttimemommy
09-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey Robyn!

I just sold mine (it was just too small) and I only had it a short time but didnt have any strap problems and didn't notice the clutch.

I know Johanna (the owner)and her sales rep went to the ABC Expo this week, so if you don't get a response (although I am sure she has someone standing in for her) or you get a less than desirable response, then wait til she gets back - she is very very nice and I am sure she will stand behind her product 100% :)

Ronda
Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04
BabyBags List Owner http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags
Babyzone.com San Antonio Regional Guide http://sanantonio.babyzone.com/

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~Winnie the Pooh

Jeanmick
09-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Sorry you're having trouble with your bag. :(

I've been using my black and olive bandicoot consistently since receiving it and haven't noticed any fraying (knock on wood). I also looked at the clutch and I can't really tell whether it's glued on or not (I don't think I'll be prying the bottom apart to check any time soon, LOL). I still think the clutch is cute and wouldn't be ashamed to wear it out.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to monitor my bag more closely for any wear and tear.

robmab719
09-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Just got an email from Johanna at Loom and they are putting a new bag in the mail to me today. She also gave me a Fedex number to use to ship the fraying bag back to them, so I will not be out any shipping charges.

So Loom's reputation for great customer service is well-deserved. I love my bag even more knowing that it comes from a great company.

Jeanmick
09-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Wow, that's great!!! I'm so glad that they did that for you. I hope you have better luck with the new one. BTW, another company that seems to have good customer service is Sally Spicer. I bought a Bucket bag from them and had some problems with the material I chose. They replaced it without fuss.

getbusyliving
09-17-2004, 02:17 PM
YES! I had this happen to mine (the shoulder strap) w/in 2 wks after I got it. I contacted Kidsnstyle where I bought it & they were so gracious, they immediately sent me a new one. But it's starting to happen to my 2nd one! The strap is beginning to fray. I do use mine almost every day - I carry it in to the daycare & then take it up to my office. I probably wear it 20 minutes max a day.

I don't know what to do. I really like the bag, but I don't think I'm going to try a 3rd bag. I need something that is going to be sturdy.