PDA

View Full Version : Combi Metro Backpack or Bjorn Backpack diaper bags?

shp
09-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Hi,

I am thinking about buying a backpack diaper bag with insulated bottle pockets. I came across Combi Metro Backpack and Bjorn backpack these days, and found their prices within my budget. I am wondering if anyone have either of these bags and can tell me whether they are good choices. Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited: Forgot to attach the picture of the Combi Metro backpack when i first posted my question. Please check out the attachment below.

Shu-Hua
Mom to Jacqueline, 3/20/04

Ami
09-07-2004, 10:19 AM
I had a Baby Bjorn and the insulated pockets were nice but did not really keep anything very warm or cold. They didn't detach so were hard to clean and my lining ripped out right away. The shoulder straps are not ergonomic so were uncomfortable. I bought a Baby Sherpa-more money but worth it for the ergonomic features and the detachable bottle pockets. By Sherpa will last us right into grade school. You can check it out online at www.babysherpa.com

Ami

lmariana
09-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I agree with Ami's post. I haven't heard many good things at all about the Bjorn backpack. However, I also have a Baby Sherpa and have been very pleased with it. It's by no means my daily bag, because it's really large, but it's a fabulous large backpack. It has a detachable insulated bottler holder, tons of pockets, very comfortable straps, huge changing pad, and is very lightweight. It's a sporty style, which dads like, but I'm not too crazy about. :) It's claim to fame however is its built-in cooler, which can hold 8 cans of soda, if you should ever have the need. I am able to put a few ice packs in there and milk + snacks for the whole day.

I did hear that Baby Sherpa is coming out with a smaller, redesigned backpack, the Shorthaul. It will be about 3/4 the size of the Sherpa and has a more modern styling. I'll be able to post a review in a few days after it gets here! Baby Sherpa is debuting it this week at the Baby Expo in Las Vegas.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

shp
09-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Ami and Mariana,

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will wait for Mariana's review on the new smaller backpack by Baby Sherpa to decide which bag to get, I think. :)

Shu-Hua
Mom to Jacqueline, 3/20/04