PDA

View Full Version : Those with Escape Pods (real or their 'own' version)...lots of ???s...m

MamaKath
09-08-2004, 10:13 AM
I am wondering after the honeymoon period with this "new bag" how you are liking it. I have always put my diapering stuff in a container in diaper bags (usually use the dirty duds bags since they are rarely big enough or machine washable so who wants to use them for icky, wet, poopy clothes???) but they other day switched to the clear zippered container that another item was packaged in, lol. I am finding it super convenient and was thinking of getting an Escape Pod-esque bag that would hold that stuff, and some other items while still moving from bag to bag. So here goes (we tease our 5 year old about being a "question girl" all the time, I think I just figured out where she gets it from,lol) with my list of ??s.

Do you still like them?
What bag/s do you use them with the most?
Why do you find it handy (or cumbersome)?
Would you recommend this or the like? Why?
What do you find most and least convenient about your bag?
If it is not a true escape pod, where did you buy it? Cost?
Do you like or is it not living up to expectations?
Would you purchase again?

Thank you!!!

jk3
09-08-2004, 11:20 AM
I recently sold mine but I did so becaouse I was tired of the fabric and will hopefully get a new one when additional fabrics come out.

I miss my Escape Pod! It was useful to use in a larger bag or alone. It fit into my Mothership and I felt much more organized with it. It's not huge but I fit lots of neccessary items in the many pockets. I also used it alone for quick trips + even as a regular bag from time to time. The zipper placement didn't bother me too much but the new design (don't know if it's out yet) will be an improvement. This bag lived up to my expectations + I really want a new one!

Hope this helps!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Chelsey333
09-08-2004, 02:31 PM
I have the Blue choc. escape pod and I still like it. I have had it for a few months now. I definitely think the zippers are upside down. Lots of times I will be at an ATM machine and just open one side and I find my money is upside down and fall out bec I don't have the bag flat - that drives me crazy. I don't find it fits in any of my bags. It is way too big for my Alpha. It would fit in the Mothership, but usually I only take my Mothership when I want to take a lot of stuff - therefor there is no more room for the escape pod. It is nice to have so that I don't have to take my entire diaper bag in to the grocery store, gymboree, doctor's office, etc. I also like the convenience of taking it as a purse when I am out without the kids. I don't have to switch my stuff to a purse. I definitely didn't need it, but it is nice to have. Would I purchase again, yes, only if the zippers were right side up - which they should be changing.

Truska
09-08-2004, 02:52 PM
I have the one that Latia mentioned in this thread:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=10290&mesg_id=10290&listing_type=search

I absolutely love it! I'm glad I got it first, to try out before getting an actual escape pod. I can carry it alone, or tuck it in my bags if I want. Either way, it works great (and my wallet fits in here too!)!

I'm holding out for a real one once they change the zippers (hopefully this fall!)!