PDA

View Full Version : ? on Alpha 7 and Ella Ultimate Diaper bag

bnme
09-13-2004, 11:22 AM
OK, I am seriously considering getting one of these bags (leaning towards Alpha7 in Blue Chocolate). I know I have posted several times with ?'s about bags that I was considering purchasing, but this time I am serious..I think (I did finally upgrade from my freebie Similac to a LE new LT, which I don't love and is now too small for 2 anyway!).
Here are my ?'s:

-Any pics?

-Is the Alpha fabric similar to the Mothership. It looks similar but I read a previous thread that mentioned it being flimsier I think - can't find it again...this bag is hard to research because there are so many threads that mention it!).

-best place to order Alpha 7?

-Any one have the Ella Ultimate? I have't seen any posts on this. It seems to be about the same size as the Alpha7.

-Any one have the new LT and the Alpha 7 for comparison? I need more room than the LT--but I don't want a huge bag either. Is this bag too similar??

Help! I am hoping to finally get a bag I love!

swampnurse
09-13-2004, 11:50 AM
i ordered the mothership in blue/chocolate from comfort1st.com and they accidentally sent me the A7. therefore i got to do a serious comparison between those two. the fabric is slightly different. the mothership is a fabric with a clear plastic over it. The A7 is more like just one layer of thinner waterproof fabric. Not as shiny as the MS. i ended up keeping the MS 'cause i needed a BIG bag for longer trips. I really liked the A7 though and will purchase one in another color in the future i think for my smaller trips.

comfort1st.com has free shipping and you get a free wrist bag with the bag.

icunurse
09-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Can't help you with the Ella Ultimate, but here's some info on your other questions...
The blue and pink chocolate Alphas have a teflon-like coating on it, while the Mothership is material with a separate vinyl covering (making it a bit shinier and stiffer). I have the old version LE LT and bought the Alpha for a bit more room. When heading out, I tend to use my LT for short trips, the Alpha for longer trips (or when I won't be using a stroller) and the Mothership for all-day outings. My favorite bag overall (and DH's too, I think), is the Alpha - great size, great organization.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

priscilla73
09-13-2004, 08:13 PM
I have the Alpha 7 in Blue Chocolate that I really like. The ONLY thing that irks me about it is that it's floppy and often tips over.

Chelsey333
09-13-2004, 09:22 PM
My Alpha is not flimsy and totally different material than the MS. Mine is the black cord. Best place to buy? I would wait for a coop thru babybags. I think Ronda said there would be another Fleurville coop in a month or 2. If you can't wait, I think misfitzinc.com is good and kidsnstyle.com. I don't know anything about the Ella bag.

Chelsey333
09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
I said that my Alpha isn't floppy, but I noticed you said yours is floppy and tips over. Mine does tip over sometimes, it gets front heavy and tips forward. Maybe that is what everyone means about floppy. I was thinking floppy meant it looks like the bag collapses in certain areas. Kind of like my 2 year old Kate Spade, it looks like someone stepped on it and it isn't going back in place!