PDA

View Full Version : Help! I can't decide on a new messenger bag!

rfeibelm
09-13-2004, 09:25 PM
I found out about the Brown's on 5th 20%off from the Bargains board and went looking. There are so many bags I want that I can't decide. The ones in the running are:

Oi Oi-Black Circle Lime Messenger
Marine Stripe Messenger
Timi and Leslie-Black Gwenyth LArge BeBe
Red Gwenyth
Danny

Then there's the Loom Marsupial and Bandicoot.

I can't get them all - help!

tina-t
09-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Can't comment on the other bags except for the loom marsupial which I really like. I don't wear it across my chest as a messenger bag just because I don't like to carry bags that way. But it is really light even when it is packed full. The organization is awesome.

Good Luck.

getbusyliving
09-17-2004, 02:34 PM
I can't wear the bandicoot messenger style, just too short of a strap for me. I'm still looking for a good messenger bag, so maybe I'll check out the bags on your list.

lmariana
09-17-2004, 02:56 PM
In my experience, the Oi Oi bags have short, non-adjustable straps. So, if you want to wear it messenger style, I'd reconsider. I've also been unhappy with their construction, but that's just my experience. I'm sure they're good bags overall, if they weren't they'd be out of business!

I love, love, love my Timi and Leslie bags! They're just the right size (large, but not huge), adjustable messenger strap, vinyl covering (or nylon), simple and effective organization, and very light.

The Loom bags are super-well constructed, have great organization, very baby and mommy friendly, have awesome bottle pockets, but have shorter (yet nice, adjustable and padded) shoulder straps.

If you join the babybags swap, you can find a good deal on a T&L and possibly Loom too.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

jasabo
09-17-2004, 03:19 PM
I think a lot depends on your size. I couldn't wear the Marsupial messenger style - it was too small on me. The Alpha 7 is the only one I've found that I can wear comfortably messenger style. I'm 5'8. Maybe a T2 would work for you, though not sure if they sell them on that site.

Lisa - mom to 15 month old twin boys