PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag spotting on Charmed

marnay
09-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I was watching the Season Premier of Charmed the other day and I saw one of the main character's packing her diaper bag, I said "oh look a PP Boxy Backpack in Avacado Roll" my husband about fell off the couch laughing.... he thinks I need help. :)

I love diaper bag/stroller spotting on tv. There was a Pink Chocolate Mothership on Nip/Tuck (my other guilty pleasure).

Naydene

lmariana
09-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Yay! I saw a Petunia on Charmed before too! I think it was the Sunset Dragon Roll before. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

megulis
09-14-2004, 01:56 PM
OT-Is Charmed not on TNT anymore? I haven't seen it for ever! I love the show. The last thing I saw was the resolution of Chris' parentage and his conception!

lmariana
09-14-2004, 02:06 PM
I watch Charmed on TNT at 9 AM (EST) on our cable network, and again at 6 PM.

I love that show too! They're starting to release the DVD's (slowly) this winter! I'm so eager to see them. Have you noticed that the ONLY episode they don't run in syndication is the Shannon Dorherty death episode? They just skip over it and it drives my batty! I've been trying to see her character die for 2 years!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

megulis
09-14-2004, 06:11 PM
OT-There was no death show of Shannon Dougherty? I thought she traded her life for Piper's? I guess I never saw it? :( There used to be a 9 or 10 pm on TNT on one of the nights that mirrored the new ones being aired. I guess I need to reset my recordings.

I don't know if I like Charmed enough to buy it. I hope someone will lend me theirs. PLEASE!!!

lmariana
09-14-2004, 06:39 PM
If I do buy it, I'd be happy to share! I'll probably rent it from Netflix though, that's how I get all my good TV fixes!

Yeah, the show where you see the whole life switching thing doesn't air in syndication! I still haven't seen it, grr. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

dowlinal
09-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Ok this show is my guilty pleasure too and I also noticed the diaper bag! I got addicted when I was on bed rest. Tuesday nights at 9pm they re-air the current show -so last night I saw the season premire. Also I don't think there is an actually show where Pru is killed. At the end of one of the seasons there is a cliff hanger where all three of them are potentially dead and then the first show of the next seaon is the funeral for Pru so you may have seen the show and not realized it. Yes I know my level of info is scary but I was 8 months pregnant and had been on bed rest forever when I became obsessed with seeing the episode so I went online to find out about it.

BTW - Now I kind of want the PPB bag - it would be so nice for dressier affairs!

megulis
09-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the clarification about Pru. I don't remember what happened to Chris last season. Didn't Piper look a little uncomfortable with her bag?

ithomas
09-21-2004, 10:04 PM
I watched the first episode as well, but I thought it was a Fleurville Mothership diaper bag.

lmariana
09-21-2004, 11:58 PM
I saw the Petunia Picklebottom Avocado Roll again this week! I'm totally getting one, how brainwashed am I? Not that anyone needed to talk me into one, I just needed help deciding on the right fabric. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

dowlinal
09-22-2004, 11:07 AM
I told myself that I couldn't have one because I wasn't paying full price and then I went to the babybags board and heard about the upcoming coop. I have absolutely no willpower! I also just bought the brown cord mothership because it matches my dress for my daughters christening even though I am getting the red one next week.

So what color PPB are you thinking of? The more I see the avacodo roll the more I am liking htat but I am leaning towards the shrimp roll.

lmariana
09-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Well, I'm getting a few. I own a business, so I'm writing it off as a "research" expense! ;)

I thought I'd try out one of each style...
Boxy Backpack in "Avocado Roll"
Shoulder Bag in "Samba"
Toddler Tote in "Paris Weekend"

I love, love, love the Paris Weekend, but I don't think it's multi-seasonal enough to be my boxy backpack. Gabe's diaper bag needs will be diminishing by next spring, so the Toddler Tote will be good at that time. I love the Samba, and I think it will look smashing with my Red Bugaboo and Red Kiwi E3. It will probably be too big for me, but I can always save it for baby #2 or gift it to a friend, right? I'm just so curious about it!

Then I think I might as well add in a blanket. They look so cozy.

How about you?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com

dowlinal
09-22-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure yet. I'm definately getting a boxybackpack but I am debating a toddle tote as well. It all depends on how much I like the mothership bags that I'm getting. If I don't love them then I think I'm going to also get a toddler tote and post one or both of the ms on the swap board.

I can't decide what color. I love the dynamite roll and sunset dragon but I don't know if they will match my clothes. I was thinking about spring roll because it's more neutral, but I'm starting to think its too neutral. KWIM? Then there's always avocado roll. Have you seen them IRL?

I'm also considering a blanket cause they look so pretty and someone just posted on how soft they are. I am just so weak!!

It has taken all of my willpower to stay away from the 2redhens stuff even though I really really want that blanket/tote bag.

megulis
09-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Is this the same bag with the CS problems?

OT-How neat was it that Piper was nursing in public?

supercalifragilous
09-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Yes, PPB was the one I posted about the crappy CS in another post.

OTOH (not that I'm advocating buying one after my crappy experience), if you're interested , I've seen them on eBay for $120 but it's also in the previous design, not the newer one. You can just do a search for Petunia Pickle. I know that PPB won't stand behind the bags sold on eBay (I called and asked them about it and they said they only support brick & mortar stores) so just be careful.

Actually, I digressed... The thing I posted to mention was that if you DO get the Sunset Dragon roll, I just saw the fabric @ JoAnn's on sale for 30% off. It's already quilted (with batting and everything) and I thought it would be perfect for making a matching changing pad or little Asian-style jacket or something! I'm even pretty sure it said it was machine washable! I saw the same fabric (not quilted) also in pink and in black, but not the dark green (Avocado Roll), at least not at my JoAnn's. Just a cute idea! :7

ETA: About buying on eBay - not only does PPB not support it, they successfully petitioned eBay to get their stuff totally removed from eBay a while back - something about the retailers stealing their pictures from their site (which I believe is intellectual property or something like that). The PPB lady I spoke to said that PPB is upset about their products on eBay b/c it unfairly competes with their "true" B&M stores (which I understand) and they were trying to track down how eBay sellers were getting PPB merchandise. The eBay PPB blackout went on for about a week but since eBay doesn't regularly keep track there are quite a few sellers on there. Just be careful about buying one since PPB won't support eBay-purchased bags (I guess if you had a problem you could just tell them you don't remember where you got it.)

OK, enough PPB bashing! Sorry! :P They really are beautiful bags - it's just their CS sucks IME.

megulis
09-23-2004, 11:22 PM
Ooo. I am going to have to look for the fabric. I always look, but I never make or sometimes even buy.