PDA

View Full Version : For those w/Escape Pod or the like....

MorganMom
09-15-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm just wondering what exactly you pack in there? I have a small travel bag w/multiple zippers that is similar to the Escape Pod and I was trying to figure out what I should put in it. All I could come up with was 2-3 dipes and an extra disposable changing pad. I was thinking of putting my travel container of wipes in there, but I am *always* pulling wipes out for cleaning hands and faces and stuff so it's be a pain to have to pull out this extra bag, unzip it and get my wipe. I currently keep my wipes in a travel container in an easily accessible pocket in whichever dipe bag I"m using.

So, what do you pack in those Escape Pods (or the like?)

Chelsey333
09-15-2004, 08:12 AM
I pack: cell phone, money/cc, lipstick, sm. pkg of tissues, 2 diapers, wipe package, a bib, and s onesie like shirt (in case baby has a blow out in diaper - which he has a lot of!). Sometimes I find the escape pod more work than its worth. I love that I don't have to carry bulk, but sometimes I carry it and realize I need more stuff, like another outfit for ds or I need to take my 2 yr olds drink and snack out of the diaper bag and carry those too. I usually only take the e.pod to the grocery store and gym class.

LD92599
09-15-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm finding that as DS gets older, i'm carrying more! Granted, I don't carry/use a diaper bag all that often and it usually stays in the car when we're out, but if we're going out to eat, this is what's in the escade pod wanna-be:

1 Dipe
1 Disp Changing Pad
Wipes in a ziploc (love that...and i have so many of those plastic containers for wipes that barely hold any!)
Fork/Spoon
Baggie of animal crackers
small board book
Disp bibs

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

MamaKath
09-15-2004, 02:35 PM
I posted checking with folks on how they liked them, what they used for, etc. last week. I was surprised that more didn't respond since so many folks bought them (or a similar type bag). I have been checking them out (that style), started using a smaller version wanna be bag, and honestly am realizing that they are too small for me for an actual bag (even for quick trips, except if the kids are not with me in which case a purse is easier), and to use inside a bag with all the stuff the other moms seem to be using them for is not that conducive for me since I am needing to always pull things out. I have found a more simple bag/cosmetic pouch is great for holding my diapering supplies, and easier to get in and out of the bag. And my Escape pod wann be now has diapers on one side and toiletries on the other. No wipes container, cell phone, etc since I need to reach those more easily. :-) LMK if you find a system that works well for you, maybe you can help me. ;-)

HTH~

writeleigh
09-16-2004, 12:07 AM
I've also been keeping my eye on the escape pod discussions because so many seem to like them. I think it's just too large for me. I'd rather just carry a smaller diaper bag for times I'm going to the grocery store, or out to eat. But I do like the idea of using small, but various sized cosmetic type baggies to keep items grouped/organized in the diaper bag.