PDA

View Full Version : Just FYI...WW and the hurricane

lmariana
09-15-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm sure Kim has contacted all her customers, but I thought I'd post this up here too!

<<Hi All,

At this time Whimsical Wears is closed until further notice due to Hurricane Ivan. Please be patient during this time if you have an item in the sewing queue/pending order or have an item here for repair. As soon as we are able we will notify you on how we plan to proceed with getting orders out to you.

I live in Mobile Alabama and this storm is scheduled to make land fall directly impacting our homes and families. It may be some time before we are able to get out business up and running. This may take 2-3 weeks or longer. We just do not know. Please be patient with us, we will fill all our obligations as soon as we are able. Please be aware that I will be unable to answer emails or phone calls for some time.

Finally, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. This is a very frightening time for us, especially since between Dianna and I we have six children.

Take care,
Kim>>

So, please keep Kim and all the others in the path of hurricane Ivan in your thoughts!

Mariana
Mother of Gabriel 08/14/03
www.heinzandmariana.com

writeleigh
09-15-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm definitely keeping Mobile and all the Gulf cities in my thoughts and prayers. DH is in Mobile right now too, so I'm nervous about that as well. I'm also praying for hurricane season to end early!

pritchettzoo
09-16-2004, 12:59 AM
Thanks for posting this, Mariana. I talked to her earlier this evening, and I hope to hear from her after the storm passes. She's at home with her husband and little ones, so hopefully the storm is gentle to them.

She was really worried about her customers--she actually had someone cuss her out earlier today for the delay. Can you imagine?

Anna

Eloise36
09-16-2004, 03:31 AM
>She was really worried about her customers--she actually had
>someone cuss her out earlier today for the delay. Can you
>imagine?

I can't believe that person's behavior! That's completely uncalled for! Kim has been nothing short of perfectly professional and patient throughout the co-op. Most if not all of us can testify to her excellent customer service. In spite of the stress and worry she must have been going through to prepare for the hurricane, she kept in touch with us to let us know what was going on. I am keeping her in my thoughts and praying that she and her family are safe.

lmariana
09-16-2004, 11:20 AM
That's horrible! I can't believe someone would get so worked up over a bag. That customer must have been having a really, really bad day.

Mariana

Little Ladybug
09-16-2004, 12:22 PM
I absolutely cannot believe someone would do that! Clearly, that person has never experienced a hurricane. I hope that everyone in the Gulf area (including Kim and her family) came through the storm safe and sound!

writeleigh
09-16-2004, 12:48 PM
What???? OMG!! People can be so selfish and mean. How awful. I hope you tell her we're all thinking of her and her loved ones and sending our thoughts and prayers her way, and that particular customer does not represent the rest of us.