PDA

View Full Version : Received my OiOi Messenger...first impressions

robmab719
09-17-2004, 01:35 PM
The OiOi Messenger I ordered from the Brown's On 5th sale just arrived! Gosh, I love getting new diaper bags. I can hardly get those boxes open fast enough! :)

I haven't used the bag yet...just unpacked it. But here are my first impressions.

PROS:

Love the microfiber exterior. I got the chocolate brown/pink color combo and the microfiber is very nice. Comparable to Kate Spade microfiber, but a little more matte. The chocolate brown is a nice color -- perfect for fall -- but the pink trim and interior gives the bag a little more style and "girliness."

Organization is good. Two bottle pockets on the outside (with velcro flaps like Mothership), one long exterior pocket on the back. On the inside, there are two skinny but deep pockets along the front (think diapers and wipes case) and one long pocket across the back. There are no bottle pockets on the inside. However, the bag did come with a drawstring bottle bag in the matching brown microfiber, so I will probably use that.

Size is about right. This bag is slightly smaller than the Mothership, but larger than the Alpha 7. I would say the interior space is comparable to the Kecci.

CONS:

As others have pointed out with OiOi, quality is mediocre. The outside of the bag looks great. The inside is another story. The lining is flimsy, seams are unfinished where the pockets connect to the bag. Some of the stitching is uneven, but that's probably being nitpicky.

Strap is short and unpadded. Since I don't wear bags messenger style anyway, I don't think the length will be a problem for me. I'm a little worried about the strap digging into my shoulder when the bag is loaded down though. I'll report back on that after I use the bag.

Seems a bit heavy. Even though I've put nothing in the bag yet, it feels a little heavy. This may not end up being an issue, as I've said the same thing about the Bandicoot and the Kecci -- both of which I love using!

Overall impressions:
I think I will end up keeping this bag. The price was pretty good ($79 + shipping) and I just love the color combo and the microfiber exterior. It's a classy looking bag that won't show dirt and will go with my fall/winter wardrobe. The quality issues on the interior bother me a little, but at least they're on the interior where only I will know about them!

I'll post an update after I've used it for a while. If anyone would like pics, please let me know!

jasabo
09-17-2004, 03:21 PM
I would love to see pix. I'm not crazy about no bottle pockets, but that's something I might be able to forgo if it's a good bag. I hope you like it.

Lisa - mom to 15 month old twin boys

firsttimemommy
09-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Awesome review Robyn!!!! Thank you! I know a lot of people are curious about these bags!

Ronda
Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04
BabyBags List Owner http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh