PDA

View Full Version : PPB shoulder bag?

Chelsey333
09-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Anyone have this new shoulder bag? I am curious as to what the inside is like for organization. Also, is this bag floppy and are there pegs on the bottom? Anyone that has any ppb bag, I would love to see pictures if you could post them. I have to say, I am nervous to get such a pretty bag. I took my Skip Hop to the doctor's office today and I felt like it was getting so dirty. It is definitely easier for me having a darker color bag, or a bag with vinyl covering. But I can't pass up the PPB bag.

Sia Anderson
10-01-2004, 08:03 PM
I posted these pictures on another posting, but I saw your question and it is pretty much the same... so here you are. I have attached some photos of the outside and the inside of the Manhattan Shoulder bag. I bought it recently and am excited!

The bag is big, but perfect for me. So if you want a tote, I wouldn’t recommend this one.

The Manhattan is silver gray with pink dragons. Feminine, but it doesn’t over do it. There are no feet on it, so you have to watch out where you sit it. It has a cell phone pocket on the strap and key chain inside. There are some bottle holders on each side and on the inside.

I love this bag and am looking to get the Cucumber shoulder bag next

Chelsey333
10-01-2004, 08:58 PM
That is beautiful, thanks for posting the pictures. I think that is the one I will get. Can you compare its size to the Mothership, is it bigger or smaller than that? Also, do you find it floppy? I was thinking this bag would be the least floppy of the PPBs. Thanks!

jasabo
10-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Oh wow!! Those pix are fabulous! I was on the fence about which bag to order in the co-op, but now I think I'm going with the shoulder bag. It looks like the top opens nice and wide so you can really see inside, which is great. I like the cell phone pocket too.

Thanks for posting these pix!

Lisa - mom to 15 month old twin boys

Sia Anderson
10-05-2004, 04:00 PM
I would say that the Mothership is more sturdy. It has the plastic over the fabric. But it is much heavier to tote around. Especially with your gear with you. It’s a trade off??? As for the size, it is a little smaller than the Mothership, but not that much.

I prefer to take care of my Petunia bag and not have the weight. I also prefer to have the amazing and wild fabric of my Manhattan. Best of Luck with your choice.

kensjen
10-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Sia..and any others who have these bags...how dirty do they get?? Have you had your bag dry cleaned? I am really worried about spending a lot of money on one of these gorgeous bags, and then ruin it on a normal day out.

I do really want the shoulder bag though....

Sia Anderson
10-06-2004, 07:24 PM
I haven’t had the Manhattan bag dry cleaned yet, but I do have a few Petunia bags. I did get my Sunset dry cleaned last year. I just had the dry cleaner be really careful with it and it came out beautiful. However, I am pretty careful about where I sit my bag in general.

I will do a little research and ask my friends who have Petunia bags what they do.