PDA

View Full Version : Giving the Skip Hop a good test (UPDATED!)

LD92599
09-17-2004, 09:32 PM
So, now that it's been a few days since we're back, I'm just not sold on the Skip Hop (you might see it on Swap shortly!). I do like the "conversion" factor since i was using it on a Mac; but I found it cumberson to switch from "stroller" mode to "messenger" mode. Case in point..you're parking the stroller in a restaurant and have to carry the bag by the tiny "stroller-mode" webbing.

In a way i do like the deepness..to hold the stuff that I wanted to have w/ me but rarely need to access. I also liked the 2 zipper sections ~ one i used for feeding type stuff (spoons, bibs, wipes, etc) and then other for diaper changing supplies.

I also like that it stays put on the floor and doesn't flop over. I'll be using it again tomorrow, not sure on which stroller yet. We'll see how that goes!

Otherwise...if that Kecci co-op is going on, I might check them out. I always loved backpacks, but want the versatility/convenience of a backpack AND tote/messenger in one!

We're leaving tomorrow AM For Niagara Falls, so my brand new Skip Hop will be getting a thorough workout!

Can't wait to see how i like it (or not!)! I'll be sure to give my take on it when we're back next week (BTW, i'll be using it w/a Mac Techno!).

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

MamaKath
09-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Have fun Laura! I can't wait to hear your reviews of how it works out for you. :-) Be safe and we look forward to your safe return!!!!

ILoveLT
09-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Laura:

I agree with you about the conversion. They should have put in a permanent long messenger bag strap instead of one you need to snap in! Plus sometimes when the car makes a wide turn, the bag falls over and stuff spills out because there is no zipper on top. I do love the big pockets, though.

Did you see Mariana's post with the photo of the red and orange Bandicoot on the red Bugaboo (on the diaper bag board)? I might get that for my red Bug. It is gorgeous!

Rita